Assistant Legal Counsel
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Who we want:
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data, and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
What you will do:
The Assistant Legal Counsel will provide legal and strategic support for commercial operations of Stryker’s US selling divisions, working with sales personnel on a broad range of commercial sales matters, including sales agreements with group purchasing organizations, integrated delivery networks, and independent/single site hospitals. This position will draft, review, and negotiate commercial agreements while supporting business partners and functional units on a broad range of matters, including legal and compliance issues consistent with laws, regulations, and Stryker policies.
This position can be based remotely in the US.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draft and edit contracts and support various transactional matters through to conclusion related to Stryker’s US commercial sales contracting (including group purchasing organizations, integrated delivery networks, distributors, strategic accounts, professional service agreements, and local pricing agreements)
- Act to support the Strategic Contracting Solutions Team and operations and commercial personnel within selling divisions to execute Stryker’s sell-side contract strategy
- Possess knowledge with the law and basic understanding of the legal and regulatory framework concerning the sale and marketing of medical devices/technologies including matters related to anti-trust, fraud and abuse, HIPAA, and anti-kickback (including applicable safe harbors)
- Responsible for many issues, prioritizing, and delivering timely results
- Responsible for contributing solutions to problems which could have a significant impact on the company
- Responsible for supporting other legal counsel on a multitude of issues and making decisions related to legal matters which could have a large financial impact on the company including areas involving litigations, intellectual property, compliance with laws, investigations, contracting, government relations, sales agreements, tender agreements, and supply or vendor relationships among others
- Collaborates and communicates with colleagues, management, and outside counsel on issues related to commercial sales
What you need:
- Law Degree and admission to practice law required
- Eight (8) years of work experience required; 1-2 years practicing law strongly preferred
- Experience within medical device, pharmaceuticals, or a related industry preferred, but not required
- Understanding of all areas of the selling business including impact of other functions (regulatory; operations; supply chain; manufacturing; sales; among others), other businesses and geographies
$120,300 to $266,000 salary plus bonus eligibility + Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Wellbeing Program, Employee Stock Purchase Program). This information reflects the anticipated salary range for this position based on current national data. Actual minimum and maximum may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience, and other relevant factors.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/