The Assistant Product Manager provides daily support to the global Product Manager, and/or the global Product Management team in the management of particular product line(s) from conception through launch, and to end-of-lifecycle. Responsible for the creation of market needs assessment and concept documents, identifying market gaps, consumer trends and solutions.
Monitor and communicate market trends, ecosystems and intelligence data– NPD, GFK and other international data trackers, industry trends, consumer research, etc. Manage the creation of necessary marketing assets to support go-to-market launches – including but not limited to packaging, sell in decks, competitive matrix, training materials, video, images, content, etc.
Working with large datasets to identify and interpret key business metrics such as gross sales, sell-through, forecast to monitor the health or relevancy of products and portfolios. The Assistant Product Manager will be tasked to ensure that the Belkin product line is recognized as the best line by retailers and end users in the industry for value, quality, selection, innovation, features, reliability, and ease of use.
- Responsible for the execution of daily tasks surrounding product portfolio management and strategies regarding product life cycle, pricing, positioning and promotion.
- Conduct data analysis from multiple sources (e.g. consumer insight, market data, competitive information, store visits, vendor contact, etc.) to generate business insights that inform strategy and ideas.
- Perform ongoing market research through direct customer contact and surveys, trade shows and journals, sales evaluations, monitoring competitors and industry trends, store visits and vendor contact. Update competitor file continuously.
- Build market intelligence on emerging products and solution. Research, document, and present competitive product portfolios and launches. Conduct or manage thorough, accurate, exhaustive evaluations on competitive products.
- Understand and maintain database of available vendor products, development capabilities, new NPIs, product and technology roadmap, cost.
- Assist in the creation of NPI business cases, product value proposition and other documents to define unique selling propositions, benefits to the consumers, features, SRP rationale, competitive advantage and cross reference.
- Assist the Product Manager and Product Management team to roadmap, execute and launch products for their given division. Assist in creation, management and execution of marketing strategy and portfolio expansion.
- Coordinate NPI launches, regional line extension projects, transition projects or other global projects as necessary.
- Contribute and execute NPI Gate deliverables assigned.
- Work with the Global Innovation and Product Development team, Marketing team, ID/UX, Global Sourcing team, and other cross-functional teams to ensure all new and existing products continue to meet cost, quality, and delivery targets, and provide consumers with the highest quality product experience.
- Scope, gain cross-functional approvals, and execute lifecycle management programs in partnership with internal and external teams.
- Manage all product part number and SKU creation by utilizing the company’s product lifecycle management tool, Agile.
- Ensure that all appropriate products are localized in terms of packaging, product specifications, marketing collateral, etc. for all international markets as necessary.
- Provide Marketing Team with sufficient information to develop product packaging, online content, documentation, bulletins, and training material.
- Understand the channels in which Belkin sells its products through (Retail, online, distribution, VARs, dealers, etc.). Know where our products sell through and what our top accounts are for assigned product line as well as sell-through information.
- Understand cost structure. Coordinate costing with Purchasing Department and pricing with Sales management. Periodically, review costing to ensure Belkin is cost competitive.
- Prepare budgets and analyze financial models for all new development type projects.
- Provide sales training information and classes as they relate to product, competitors, and the marketplace.
- Product Evangelist. Assist in the overall global communication of all aspects of the product and categories assigned.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment with tight timelines.
- Flourishes in a global role. May require some travel as needed.
- Fulfill responsibilities under ISO 9001 and 14001; understand and fully support IS0 system.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements of Belkin.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Four-year college degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field is preferred.
- Two years of similar or related work experience within computer, manufacturing, or consumer electronic industry.
- Self-motivated, proven leader.
- Excellent communication skills.
- MS Office proficient – Excel and PowerPoint power user a plus.
- Native English and Mandarin fluency.
What you’re getting into
We’ve got big collaborative spaces for your big ideas, so bring an open mind and leave your suit in the closet. We all are committed to creating unique and rewarding consumer experiences. Everyone is interested in succeeding – for the team, for themselves and for the business. Cross-functionally and across the company, everyone has common goals and aspires to be their best.
You will learn something new or at least look at things differently every day. There are so many smart and creative people around that you’ll be motivated to pursue the ideal.
Team spirit is infectious. Belkin is an extremely open workplace, where communication is essential. Not every idea will be accepted, but you’ll be asked for your point of view. Innovation thrives on multiple and varied levels. At Belkin we challenge conventional wisdom and refuse to accept that something cannot be done.
We are committed to diversity. Belkin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
All candidates applying for a job in the EMEA region, please review the Applicant Privacy notice HERE
Range for this position:
$65,000 - $80,000
Factors such as geographic location, academic credentials, relevant experience, and specific knowledge, skills and abilities will influence the actual salary offered. In addition to a competitive market-based salary, compensation also includes a performance-based bonus, and in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Further details can be found here.