Assistant General Manager of Dispensary
The Assistant General Manager of Dispensary is responsible for assisting in managing a team of dispensary employees for the Company's cannabis dispensary retail store. This position will involve supporting the General Manager with all aspects of dispensary operations, including coaching and developing the retail store team. The Assistant General Manager will serve as a General-Manager-in-Training, with the ability to complete all dispensary functions, as directed and authorized by the General Manager. The Assistant General Manager will operate the store in absence of the General Manager.
We are seeking a passionate, driven, detailed-oriented and collaborative Assistant General Manager of Dispensary to assist with leadership, direction, and support of the daily operations of the dispensary, including handling the needs of all patients and developing a team of Product Associates who are enthusiastic about delivering a best-in-class, innovative cannabis retail experience that is compliant with state and local rules and regulations. The ideal candidate has the ability to adapt to our business model and has demonstrated leadership experience, as he or she will be given significant responsibility within our dispensary. Previous cannabis retail experience is necessary.
- Understand and assist the General Manager with weekly and monthly sales information
- Assist the General Manager with employee schedules and managing employee work hours and vacation request
- Assist with training of all new employees as well as the re-training of existing employees when needed
- Motivate and work together with General Manager and employees to meet and exceed sales goals
- Assist with performance reviews of dispensary employees on a regular basis
- Inform employees of new updates and general developments in the Company
- Support the General Manager in evaluating applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with human resources; interview applicants on a consistent set of criteria
- Help ensure that inventory is adequate and help properly manage inventory by becoming well versed in the use of the Pennsylvania seed-to-sale inventory tracking system and electronic verification system
- Promote a work environment that is positive, customer-service oriented, and compliant with established company policies and procedures
- Support the General Manager by monitoring the activities of the store employees to maximize efficiency and minimize errors
- Strive to become familiar and proficient at all other tasks and duties of the General Manager
- Assist General Manager with regular and random inventory counts of medical cannabis, ancillary products, and dispensing supplies
- Accommodate scheduling expectations by supervising retail dispensary store a minimum of 40 hours per week, including weekend, evening, and holiday shifts
- Supervise dispensary Product Associates during General Manager's absence or when directed
- Complete other duties as assigned by General Manager
- Assist in ensuring that physical environment is safe, sanitary, and that all equipment/technology is in good working order
- Lead initiatives, dispensary strategies, and specific projects at the dispensary level that may be assigned by the General Manager
- Report directly to the General Manager of Dispensary
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree required
- Previous experience in a cannabis retail environment is required
- Thorough understanding of state and local medical Cannabis laws and regulations, and how they apply to the operations of the Company is preferred
- Considerable exposure to retail cultures focused on well-developed standard operating procedures and management and employee training programs
- Experience in inventory management and reconciliation
- Work history that demonstrates stability, progressive responsibility, and willingness to accept new duties
Capabilities and Skills:
- Exceptional team building, communication and people skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment while demonstrating excellent oral and written communication skills is required
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and time management abilities
- High level of integrity and a strong work ethic
- Exceptional willingness to be a hands-on manager and fill gaps to accomplish business objectives
- Proficiency in computer usage including retail point-of-sale software, all MS Office applications, email, scheduling software, online conferencing, and more
- Strong problem-solving skills including anticipatory thinking and the ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a calm composure
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively within a diverse, multicultural, multigenerational environment
- Extended time sitting, walking, bending, and reaching is possible
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds for a distance of 50 feet
- Must pass stringent State background test requirements
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Possess valid driver's license or state ID card; authorized to work in the U.S.
- Annual salary with additional incentive compensation
This position is classified as Exempt and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Ethos Cannabis is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the recruitment, selection, or advancement of employees on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, creed, age, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodation(s) shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.