At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Exelon seeks a highly experienced energy regulatory attorney to represent Exelon and its six regulated utilities before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). The Assistant General Counsel – Exelon Utilities will focus primarily on electric regulatory issues (e.g., transmission development and policy, interconnection matters, and rate issues) and will also conduct work related to the utilities’ retail natural gas utility business. This attorney will handle matters of substantial legal and policy importance, interface with company management and teams at all levels, and represent the company externally with federal regulators and key stakeholders. The position requires coordination and oversight of professional teams working on legal matters and may involve management of other attorneys on a project-specific basis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs as a specialist in federal energy regulatory law (FERC electric and gas), providing expert legal counsel to Exelon and its Business Units – including all levels of management.
- Under little or no supervision, plans, conducts and supervises large and highly complex legal assignments; evaluates legal and business risks and advises clients accordingly; and represents Exelon in regulatory proceedings, transactions, litigation, settlements and other relevant matters.
- Provides lead direction and/or project leadership direction to less experienced attorneys and support staff.
- Oversees outside counsel, prepares early matter assessments and manages budgets for all matters involving outside counsel.
- Projects/duties as assigned.
- Manages relationships and matters with Business Units and outside counsel.
- Demonstrates superior business knowledge in portions of the business and industry; anticipates and understands trends in areas of law related to the business; and provides strategic thinking and counsel to meet company objectives.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work in stressful conditions under time deadlines.
- An LLB or JD from an accredited law school and admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in a specialized area of law
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of federal energy regulatory law to the completion of complex assignments.
- Excellent legal research, analytical, and written and oral communication skills.
- At least 10 -12 years' experience in federal energy regulatory law, with a focus on electric utilities, including current knowledge of legal developments and trends in this area.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor