WHO WE ARE
Sid Lee is a borderless creative agency applying storytelling, design and technology to build customer experiences that matter. Their multi-disciplinary team of 900 professionals works as one, out of offices in Montreal, Toronto, New York, Paris, London, LA and Seattle. Working side by side with progressive clients, they deploy their creative capabilities in several disciplines, ranging from design to interactive and experiential communication to advertising and architecture. Practicing agile creative and production development, as well as radical collaboration both internally and with their clients, they create work that matters, allowing their clients to outperform their competitors and earn the trust and loyalty of their customers.
The Assistant Editor will work closely with the Toronto post-production team and with the Montreal assistant editor team. You will play an integral role in the team, helping to ensure that all post projects run smoothly. You will also be given projects to edit yourself and will be expected to be creatively forward thinking. The Assistant Editor reports to the Creative Director – Post-Production.
- Manage projects in the editing rooms: import/logging/process logs/etc.
- Perform technical review of camera sources.
- Compress videos in various formats according to customer specifications.
- Be the editor's technical support during work sessions.
- Meet the import/export needs during editing sessions, or any other editor's requests.
- Build, manage and distribute all elements of the final stages for use in the audio mix, colour transfer, final graphics, VFX and CG work.
- Perform verification and quality control of the edits ensuring consistency.
- Ensure, when a project is done, to clean it up in order to archive it.
- Create final deliverables in various resolutions and video/audio codecs (ie. UHD, HD, 9:16, 1:1, 4:5 etc.).
- Review and select footage to start to visualize and create edits based on scripts.
- Train new assistants in technical and non-technical daily tasks.
- Knowledge of software Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Avid Media Composer.
- Knowledge of Da Vinci Resolve, Flame and After Effect CC and Adobe Creative Suite an asset.
- Knowledge of different video codec.
- General knowledge of film and video post-production.
- Technical knowledge of post-production equipment (camera, machine room, patch).
- Experience in managing raw camera media, transcoding, syncing and adding LUTs in DaVinci Resolve for use in Adobe Premiere and Avid Media Composer.
- General knowledge of different cameras on the market an asset.
- Has a “creative eye.”
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to continue upgrading skills and knowledge independently.
- Tolerance to stress.
- Attention to detail.
- 3-4 years of experience as an Assistant Editor.
- Portfolio of past edit work.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Sid Lee is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants are considered without regard to citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
We encourage women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.