Assistant Dispensary Manager
The Assistant Dispensary Manager of Sunnyside* South Beloit, IL is responsible for assisting in the management of all day-to-day operations of the dispensary in accordance with state law and Company standards. This position will provide support and oversight of all dispensary staff, including talent selection, training, coaching, development, and enforcing adherence to standard operating procedures. The Assistant Manager should champion a strong culture that aligns with the company’s core values and mission to normalize, professionalize, and revolutionize cannabis. The Assistant Manager is responsible for inventory management, building customer loyalty, ensuring compliance with state regulations, and maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
At Sunnyside, we believe the employee experience is paramount to all. With a strong focus on training, development, diversity and authenticity, our employees experience both personal and professional growth. As Assistant Dispensary Manager, you will have:
- Experience leading and managing a team of hourly members; skills include recruiting, onboarding, training, managing employee relations and coaching.
- The opportunity to build on retail business fundamentals to include effective scheduling, identifying sales trends, and business writing & reporting.
- Skills in conflict resolution, self-discipline, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Skills in interviewing, talent selection and talent management of hourly team members.
- Experience in a dynamic role that combines problem solving, teamwork, technical skills, and customer service!
WHO YOU ARE
- You are energetic, possess strong interpersonal skills and work well with others. Collaboration is key to our team’s success!
- You enjoy people! Consulting our customers, listening to their needs and providing an exceptional experience is vital to achieving customer loyalty.
- You inspire others! You are a leader who has a passion for coaching, developing, and influencing your teams!
- You hold yourself to a high level of integrity and lead by example. In an industry that is highly regulated, we trust in our employee’s commitment to always do the right thing.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Develop, coach, and inspire employees to achieve individual and team goals through regular feedback inclusive of recurring performance discussions and career development planning.
- Assist Human Resources and leadership in managing employee relations issues.
- Participate in staffing and recruiting efforts.
- Create and communicate an effective weekly labor schedule to ensure adequate staffing while considering Sunnyside guidelines and applicable labor laws.
- Respond to all employee’s questions, concerns or suggestions and communicate resource needs to management; solicit feedback and assist in implementing resolutions.
- Communicate any regulatory changes and their implications to staff.
- Ensure a clean and safe environment for employees and customers.
- Facilitate training and onboarding of team members, including coaching on selling and cross-selling techniques.
Sales & Operational Excellence:
- Perform store opening and closing procedures (such as register preparation, morning and closing inventory, inventory reconciliation and reporting, and delivery operations where applicable) on busiest shifts.
- Manage and delegate daily operations while navigating operational challenges and escalations.
- Create and deliver accurate recaps and reports to management.
- Resolve any escalated cash, POS or product discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate records of all dispensary activities including daily cash reconciliations, customers records, sales, deliveries and returns.
- Support outreach efforts/community partnerships to build a positive image within the community, drive brand awareness, and draw new patients.
- Ensure compliance to all company policies, procedures, state and local laws.
- Assist management and Compliance teams in any state inspections or audits.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years’ experience in retail management or comparable experience with teams of 5+ employees; Cannabis experience preferred.
- Excellent and demonstrated training experience
- Excellent customer service and conflict management skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and teach technical, product-related information in a professional consultative manner
- Proficient in MS Office, Highly Proficient in MS Excel with experience in data entry and data management
- Strong business acumen including excellent communication, interpersonal, and persuasive skills
- A high level of integrity, personal motivation, and sense of urgency
- After-hours work required
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance).
Cresco Labs is proud to offer eligible employees a robust offering of benefits including, major medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(K)-match program, FSA/HSA programs, LTD/STD options, life insurance and AD&D. We also offer eligible employees paid holidays and paid time off. Other rewards may include annual discretionary bonuses, stock options as well as participation in our employee discount program. Benefits eligibility for permanent positions may vary by full-time or part-time roles, location, or position.
- Must be 21 years or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.