Assistant Director of Finance
The Assistant Director of Finance is responsible for overseeing the smooth and efficient processing of accounting related information according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards. Exempt associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities (OEM associates are required to work a minimum of 47.5 hours per work week).
Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the work of at least 3 full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or an Associate's degree and at least 3 years of related experience; or a Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office operating system ability to manipulate and troubleshoot spreadsheets type memos and reports and handle basic PC problems.
- Supervisor experience required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly. Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Maintains regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to needs of the hotel.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming which includes compliance with the Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and wearing name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Approaches all encounters with guests and associates in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintains a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Complies at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Familiar with the organization of Aimbridge Hospitality Hotels and know the function of each department.
- Oversees the duties of General Cashier with responsibility for the daily reconciliation of Rooms Food Beverage and House deposits.
- Oversees and maintains the Over/Short log.
- Maintains controls for all cashier banks in the hotel.
- Oversees the Accounts Receivable function including but not limited to the proper posting of all city ledger payments daily according to the Daily Mail Cash Receipts (DMCR) and ensuring a trace system is in place for AR collection calls.
- Reviews all bank deposits â€œDue Backsâ€_ and bank change orders and ensures they are handled according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintains responsibility for the billing of accounts receivables daily.
- Responsible for the Hotel Credit Policy and detailed knowledge of Hotel receivables.
- Conducts credit meeting weekly with the accounting team and monthly with General Manager.
- Maintains record of approved direct billing accounts.
- Processes returned checks and credit card chargebacks according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Performs the Accounts Receivable Balancing function at least once each month.
- Maintains the Special Operating Account and the Petty Cash Fund according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Vouchers A&G and PT & EB invoices utilizing the Purchas Order and Checkbook Accounting procedures according to Aimbridge standards.
- Ensures all hotel invoices are submitted to Corporate Accounts Payable weekly.
- Performs the Income Audit on a daily basis using the Income Audit Checklist to maintain and ensure the accuracy of the Income/Flash Reports.
- Ensures that the Daily Income Journal (DIJ) is completely accurately each day and submitted to corporate per Aimbridge standards.
- Reconcile Credit Cards and cash daily.
- Prepares and submits the Corporate Flash Report on the dates specified in the Monthly CENTRAL ACCOUNTING Calendar.
- Completes monthly checklist and sends in month-end package according to CENTRAL ACCOUNTING calendar.
- Monitors the Front Office and Night Audit agents' work for proper accounting procedures.
- Oversees the training of all Night Audit personnel in regards to their accounting related responsibilities.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll and be prepared for transmission.
- Ensures all new hire paperwork and any employee changes are processed on PAFs and submitted in to Payroll in a timely manner.
- Produces weekly productivity every Tuesday as required.
- Computes worked hours for payroll compilation.
- Ensures associates are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests all other associates and management.
- Property applies state and local laws affecting payroll wage & hour taxes etc.
- Records requests for associate benefits and monitors use (i.e. vacation time employee benefit room nights sick time etc.).
- Responsible for records storage management in accordance with Aimbridge standards.
- Maintains a professional working relationship and promotes open lines of communication with managers employees and other departments.
- Familiar with Aimbridge Hospitality's Standard Operation Procedures in Accounting Human Resources and Loss Prevention and house rules including appropriate hospitality terminology; Encourages awareness among other hotel managers.
- Attends weekly staff meetings and provides training on a rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Participates in required MOD coverage as scheduled.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive infomation as appropriate.
- Performs random house bank audits a minimum of once per month.
- Assists in the counting of food beverage and guest supplies inventories.
- Assists the Director of Finance and GM in reviewing the general ledger and financial statements with the various department heads.
- Assists in developing Night Audit staff for promotion within the hotel and/or company.
- Performs any other duties as requested by the Director of Finance and General Manager.
Located in Tacoma, 1,650 feet from Museum of Glass, Marriott Tacoma Downtown features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi. The property is located 2.2 mi from University of Puget Sound, 6.8 mi from Pacific Lutheran University and 9.3 mi from Holiday Park JBLM. The hotel provides an indoor pool, fitness center and a 24-hour front desk.