Centric Brands is a leading lifestyle brand collective that designs, sources, markets and sells high quality products in multiple segments, including women’s, men’s and kid’s apparel, accessories, entertainment and beauty. Centric Brands is focused on our customers and our brands that will drive the company’s future growth. We are defined by innovation as we seize new opportunities and thrive in an environment informed by creativity and thinking that is both analytical and outside the box. Centric Brands reflects a team built on respect, for others and for the hard work it takes to achieve our goals and build our bright future together.
What could be more exciting than putting your mark on some of the world’s most famous and well-loved fashion brands? As a designer for Centric Brands, you’ll use your skills and creativity to create designs based on style plans, sales needs and emerging trends. You will also ensure that your work can be transformed into a finished product in a timely manner and at an appropriate price point. This means working not only with our technical design and production teams, but also building collaborative relationships with outside vendors and other external stakeholders.
Specific Responsibilities Would Include
The Assistant Designer supports the Designer(s) in the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by contributing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategy & Innovation
- Assist and take direction from Designer(s) and Senior Designer(s) for preliminary design research, including competitive analysis; pull fabrics, develop concepts, assemble presentation boards for meetings, prepare mock-ups, color-ups, inspirational photos
- Assist in development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment
- Attend style review meetings with Design teams to understand vision / concepts.
Operations & Results
- Track design schedule to ensure timely execution of product development calendar.
- Support Designer(s) in creating Illustrator sketches; assist in preparation of cost sheets; prepare designs for line review; prepare line sheets and update, as necessary.
- Follow up with Design teams on all pending information post style review meetings.
- Maintain samples and sample closet organization and assist in expense reports.
- Maintain line sheets, boards, and design archives library; maintain designs in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives.
- Maintain design calendar and update where necessary.
- Help to maintain digital sample photo library by category.
- Review lab dips with Designer(s) and Senior Designer(s); coordinate print and graphics where appropriate; observe and assist with fit process; keep detailed notes.
Customers & Relationships
- Follow-up with internal customers and partners including technical design and production; facilitate interoffice communication
- Provide support to the Design team during style review meetings by taking accurate notes on details and changes.
- Provide organizational support to the Design team by maintaining digital and physical reference materials.
- Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
Our Best Fit Candidate Would Have
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high performance environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and accountability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or related field
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training in apparel
- Comprehensive understanding of the entire Product Development cycle and all milestones
- Basic knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, seam classifications, fabrication and trim.
- Technical knowledge of fabric qualities, construction and finishes for all product categories
- Superior organizational and communication skills; team oriented.
- Proficient in Flex PLM, Microsoft Office, Adobe products; knowledge of CAD preferable
In return, we provide an industry-competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision) that includes a matching 401 (k), Summer Fridays, generous PTO, merchandise discounts, excellent career development opportunities, and a work environment that reflects our industry leadership. Our D&I committee is shaping the future of diversity, equity and inclusion at Centric Brands though workshops, resources and inspiring conversation.
Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000
At Centric Brands, we believe our people are our greatest asset, and we seek to structure competitive compensation offers to ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. Our job postings include an annual base salary range at the time of employment. The stated base salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on several factors, including the selected candidate's educational and professional experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the selection process. Base salary is a part of a total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, annual bonus and other Centric Brands sponsored benefit programs.
Be part of our growing community by getting involved with groups, teams and initiatives like Be Green, Be Giving, and Be Celebrated.
Centric Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer