Assistant Cultivation Manager
Reporting to the Cultivation Manager, the Assistant Cultivation Manager will work in conjunction with the Cultivation Manager as well as the Cultivation Lead(s) to coordinate, implement, and troubleshoot any issues that arise during day-to-day operations of the Cultivation Department at AYR Wellness in Lakewood, NJ. The Assistant Cultivation Manager will coordinate with the Cultivation Manager to ensure effective implementation of cultivation policies, performance of the team is consistent with the most recent iteration of all cultivation procedures, set and review task lists and crop scheduling with the Cultivation Manager, notify the Cultivation Manager of any issues with the crop as they arise, and provide Cultivation Technicians and Leads with guidance and task clarification while working alongside them.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in all aspects of cultivation operations including trellising, pruning, spacing and overall canopy management.
- Coordinates daily, weekly, and monthly production schedules and task lists with the Cultivation Manager.
- Develops and fills out cultivation logs including but not limited to environmental conditions, fertigation, IPM sprays, biological releases, plant waste and lighting intensity.
- Assists in the setup, monitoring and maintenance of irrigation systems and environmental controls.
- Performs plant destruction and plant waste disposal in compliance with AYR Wellness, local and state policies.
- Accountable for accurate tracking and logging of all plants by utilizing the inventory tracking systems (BioTrack, MJ Freeway, METRC) in compliance with AYR Wellness, local and state policies.
- Maintains a high level of cleanliness of all Cultivation equipment, rooms, and areas as well as sanitation practices concerning handling of plants according to State regulations and Company procedure.
- Performs equipment maintenance on lights, irrigation lines and valves, etc. to ensure operations run smoothly with no interruptions.
- Accurately performs functions using the inventory tracking system such as creating tags, scanning plants into locations, and logging waste.
- Assists in developing a productive work environment and fostering a positive culture while perpetuating a curiosity for “everything cannabis”.
- Assists in the supervision, training and evaluation of new employees.
- Performs plant propagation and orchestrating room sets.
- Assists the Cultivation Manager in the implementation of AYR’s IPM program.
- Assists with foliar spraying and fertilizer mixing.
- Assists Cultivation Manager with opening and closing shifts.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong desire to produce a high-quality product.
- Able to demonstrate sound judgement and problem solving.
- Must be 21 years of age or older as required by the NJ CRC.
- Able to pass all background checks as mandated by NJ CRC.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Prior experience working in agriculture/horticulture, packing houses, general production/retail greenhouses. Cannabis experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Good Agricultural Practices/Good Handling Practices (GAP/GHP).
- Experience working in a regulated environment with a regulated and tracked substance.
- Experience working in a trade or in a manufacturing facility.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects, and fungi, as well as plant treatment options.
- Experience working with climate control and automated fertigation systems (Arugus, Priva, Damatex, Ridder, Growlink, etc.)
- 2+ years working in a supervisory role, preferably in a cannabis cultivation facility.
- The person in this position may be exposed to dust, kief, cleaning chemicals and fumes. Although systems are in place to remove these byproducts, there is still exposure to some degree.
- Frequently works in rooms with bright light where eye protection is required.
- Frequently works in rooms with moderate heat and humidity.
- The person in this position is constantly exposed to moderate background noise due to environmental systems, equipment and fans.
- Must be able to work on weekends, holidays or alternate shifts.
- Sitting, standing and walking motion/movement will be required throughout the shift.
- Constant movement of hands/fingers and limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina.
- Constantly positions self throughout task at hand.
- Frequently ascends/descends a ladder to inspect/maintain plants.
- Occasionally operates power hand tools and other cultivation machinery.
- Must be able to inspect and detect quality deviations and defects.
- Occasional lifting, positioning or moving items up to 100 pounds.
AYR Strategies is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of ethnicity, race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. This position includes access to comprehensive medical/dental/prescription benefits, competitive paid time off and other benefits.