As Assistant Counsel, you will provide timely, accurate, creative and implementable advice to various strategic business units and corporate functions/staff departments on corporate and commercial matters affecting PPG, our subsidiaries and affiliates. You will be the principal attorney providing direct support to one or more business units or functions. Assistant Counsel will also manage the provision of additional legal services, as determined necessary.
You will report to Managing Senior Counsel and be based at our Pittsburgh, PA headquarters. Come join our law department!
- Provides leadership in analysis of legal issues and their relationship to the business/function and development of practical solutions and action plans.
- Applies experience to business and functional teams in the development and provision of legal advice, drafting and negotiation of agreements and training of other associates.
- Works independently, while maintaining appropriate communication with, and involvement of, senior management in the department.
- Renders opinions, understands major areas of law and policy affecting the corporation, consults with and advises clients and represents the organization in dealing with others.
- Interacts with PPG business people, SBU/functional associates and management in performance of the role.
- Assists with special projects assigned within or outside of the incumbent’s designated SBU/functional responsibilities
- A Juris Doctor degree is required.
- Must have at 7+ years of relevant experience and expertise in key areas of the law required for the position.
- Ability to develop knowledge in other areas of the law, as required.
- Experience at a large law firm as well as in-house experience.
- Ability to quickly develop a broad and detailed knowledge of PPG’s products, businesses, methods of production, and product safety programs.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.
Every single day at PPG:
- We partner with customers to create mutual value.
- We are "One PPG" to the world.
- We trust our people every day, in every way.
- We make it happen.
- We run it like we own it.
- We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.