Cannara Biotech has the largest indoor growing facility in Canada. These modern and safe facilities are located in Farnham and Salaberry-de-Valleyfield. Cannara Biotech produces and processes high-quality cannabis in an indoor space, to ensure the best product for Quebec and Canadian consumers.
Cannara Biotech Inc. is currently looking for an assistant controller to join a dynamic team.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Assistant Controller will assist the Controller to oversee corporate accounting practices and functions. This includes general accounting operations, financial analysis, audits, and other ad-hoc projects.
Among other things, it will have to:
- Monthly preparation of accounting month-end cycle reports
- Preparation on monthly journal entries and reconciliations
- Responsible to ensure accuracy of financial information presentation in a multi-entity environment.
- Reconciliation of inter-company transactions
- Assist in quarterly and annual financial statement preparation and audit
- Support the Corporate Controller in the financial reporting process
- Collaborate in internal control improvement
- Participate in other monthly reporting and ad-hoc projectsThe list of tasks and responsibilities listed above is not exhaustive. It is therefore not a complete and detailed list of all the tasks and responsibilities that may be carried out by the incumbent of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a DEC (or equivalent) in Accounting Technology
- 3+ years’ experience in similar role and in multi-entity environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with an ERP system (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics) is considered an asset
- Organizational skills – Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to adapt and meet deliverables in an ever-evolving environment with rapidly changing priorities and requirements
- Collaborative and open mindset with a desire to improve performance across the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact effectively.
- Self-motivated – Works well independently, takes initiative and is proactive.
Benefits plan including medical and dental protection, group REER with employer participation, personal days. Have no legal impediments related to employment.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.