Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2022 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for managing day-to-day accounting operations, financial reporting, and ensuring strong compliance with accounting policies and procedures. This individual will have a background in systems and process implementation, especially with a scaling organization. This role will manage a team that works cross functionally across the organization.
- Oversee day-to-day accounting operations and functions, such as general ledger, consolidations, accounts payable, and global payroll
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting, including balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting
- Manage the preparation and review of financial statements, including the consolidation process
- Develop, improve, and maintain internal systems, controls and accounting policies to efficiently support business scale
- Manage the Company’s annual financial statement audit
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders across the organization and external partners such as banks and vendors
- Collaborate cross-functionally with and support our business partners and FP&A by providing financial insights and relevant reporting
- Manage and carry out acquisition diligence, plan, and then execute on acquisition integrations
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or equivalent certification required
- 7-10 years of experience in Accounting or similar function, with 3+ years in a managerial role
- Mix of public accounting (i.e., a ‘Big 4’ accounting firm) and industry experience
- Prior experience implementing systems and processes
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and other accounting standards
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams across multiple levels of the organization
- Good understanding of financial statements and strong account reconciliation skills
- Experience with SaaS or technology companies preferred
- Experience with NetSuite or other cloud-based ERP systems preferred
What makes OpenGov unique
- » Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
- » Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
- » Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
- » Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
- » Culture: Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, Winner of 2022 Top Workplaces USA award, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
- » Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
- » Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
- » Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.