Fox Entertainment is looking for a Casting Assistant to join our team and support the SVP/Head of Casting. You will be providing administrative support, coordinating high level guests/talent meetings, as well as acting as a talent liaison, interacting with talent, agents/managers, and studio professionals. We're looking for someone who has great attention to detail, who can follow through, and who has a passion for casting. If that someone is you, we'd love for you to talk to you!
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a first point of contact for all calls, mail, links, DVDs, and tapes; answer busy phone, maintain phone log; make travel arrangements
- Act as a talent liaison; interact with talent, agents/managers and studio professionals, upload auditions, and research talent
- Schedule meetings and appointments; coordinate network tests and high level guest/talent meetings
- Download auditions and e-mail actor links
- Maintain department-wide grids and track all series regulars, guest stars, and costars in all FOX shows
- Other administrative duties as needed
- Provide backup for other department consultants as needed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A minimum of 1-2 years administrative assistant experience
- Experience in the entertainment industry is required
- Experience at an agency, studio, or network is preferred.
- Familiarity with TV casting and casting experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner; prioritize multiple, important calls
- Ability to independently prioritize work and handle multiple tasks with set deadlines
- Ability to work overtime
- Comfortable with writing summaries of shows and scouting onscreen talent
- Knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel, FileMaker Pro, Studio System, IMDB, CastIt, and Casting Networks Software is essential.
- Project coordination skills; organizational skills
- Superior organizational and communication skills, be highly motivated and detail-oriented
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.