As the Cannabis industry continues its exponential growth, it remains one of the most dynamic categories in consumer packaged goods. With a recognition that innovation will play a critical role in the future growth of the industry, Green Thumb Industries (GTI) is investing in the build out of its first dedicated innovation team. We are in search of a strong marketer with a passion for trend spotting and new product development. As Assistant Brand Manager of Innovation, you will help to shape our near-term new product pipeline.
Reporting into the Brand Manager of Innovation, this role will focus on executing a “fast follow” innovation model, quickly identifying emerging opportunities and working with cross-functional teams to commercialize projects across a number of segments and geographies. The ideal candidate will embrace a “speed over perfection” mentality, opting to use the market as a the ultimate testing ground for consumer feedback. At Green Thumb, we move fast, fail forward and embrace the rapid pace of change. We face new challenges daily but celebrate wins as we work together to lead this brand-new industry with integrity, high quality and a people-first culture. Are you ready for the rocket ship?
- Leveraging syndicated and internal retail data, work with Insights & Analytics teams to track new product trends leading to identification of opportunities that promise to drive revenue growth across all markets.
- Partner with cross-functional teams in development of “fast-follow” innovation pipeline leading the process from concept ideation through commercialization.
- Support the preliminary assessment of development timelines and feasibility, preliminary P&Ls, legal/regulatory reviews, manufacturing/production options, early risk identification and mitigation planning.
- Lead the development of the full suite of consumer and retail assets required to support brands/launches in market.
- Establish post-launch dashboards for all projects to track and evaluate commercialized projects’ success based on pre-determined KPIs, recommending action as necessary.
- Partners with R&D to lead concepting, development and prioritization of new capability building initiatives
- Partners with R&D to concept and develop packaging/dispense innovation
- Contribute to our sales presentations, materials and collateral that integrate brand marketing information and communicates key marketing programs, brand and product information
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Management, or a related field
- Relevant brand marketing experience in the CPG industry is a HUGE plus, but not required
- Exceptional organization and project management skills
- Strong analytical mindset coupled with presentation and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to effectively balance pace and execution
- Demonstrated skill in building and working in strong cross-functional teams
- Genuine interest in and passion for the cannabis industry!
- Preferred experience working within a stage-gate process, knowing where to be rigid and where to flex when appropriate.
- Start-up experience is ideal, but not required. Must demonstrate an ability to adapt to fast paced, highly dynamic business environments.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information.
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI.
- Must have a solid understanding, or passion to further your understanding and knowledge of Marijuana laws, rules and regulations.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
As an employer of more than 100 employees, Green Thumb will be operating in accordance with the Biden Administration’s Path Out of the Pandemic should the mandate take effect.