Buck Mason is looking for a full-time Art Director specializing in typography, graphic, packaging, and print design. The ideal candidate is a driven executor with a passion for detail and strong design. Product and brand obsession is a must. The Art Director will be responsible for developing design concepts and executing high-level design output. The ideal candidate has a passion for creative ideas, a devotion to details, and is obsessed with creating a timeless, quality, and California brand.
- Develop ideas through a concept and research-based approach
- Total ideation and ownership of typography, graphic, packaging, and print design.
- Follow brand standards and actively develop graphic standards
- Maintain absolute accuracy and attention to detail throughout the creative and production process
- Ability to present work to the leadership team
- Work closely with vendors to ensure excellence in all projects
- Strong communication skills and be able to work cross-functionally with creative leads, design, visual merchandising, and marketing
- Reports to Senior Art Director
- You bring 6+ years of applicable working experience with an apparel based brand
- Expert knowledge and understanding of graphic design, layout, typography, and print pre-production
- Expert knowledge of adobe suite, print methods, and print application
- Ability to be both creative and technical
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently when needed
- Strong sense of creative taste, design knowledge, and print application
- Organized with the ability to manage several projects at one time with a fast turnaround
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent project and time management, written/verbal communication and leadership skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience articulating creative intent to others and translating high-level creative direction.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental & vision Insurance
- Fitness & wellness benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan with Company matching
- Quarterly clothing allowance
Buck Mason is a modern American Brand. At the heart of everything we do is the laid back California ethos of easy living, quality, and simplicity. We are classic. We look to past icons and interpret them with honesty and loyalty. We also look ahead and understand the modernity of future classics and the responsibility of our place amongst them. We champion anyone striving to be better and are honored when we can be a part of it. We claim simple truths and keep our promises. We truly have our customers’ best interests in mind, knowing damn well the value of a hard-earned dollar. We believe we will never be perfect but know that greatness lies in the search to be so. We make clothes. We love what we do.