- The Art Director will create beautiful and effective content and experiences that spark imaginations and influence the most influential audiences around the world.
- You'll help brainstorm, design, build and execute innovative multi-platform native and branded experiences across Dow Jones properties.
- In this position, you will be combining your digital and print design expertise and collaborating with business stakeholders, editors, designers, producers and developers to define the UX/UI of these executions.
- You will be tasked with helping brands discover their story and leveraging the storytelling power of The Trust to create compelling custom content that informs, entertains and engages target audiences.
- You will be highly skilled at creating mood boards, storyboards, wireframes and mockups necessary to guide development of beautiful, original, and creative branded experiences from concept to implementation.
- Create visual designs that address business, brand, market, and user requirements, including the design and production of site layouts, marketing elements, rich media units, content treatments and user interface elements.
- You will have the ability to work well in a collaborative environment with other designers, writers, developers and producers.
- You will brainstorm and collaborate with marketing, sales, and strategy teams as well as other stakeholders to express cross-platform programs and experiences.
- You will work with web developers and production to ensure successful delivery of the final work product.
- You will commission talent such as illustrators, photographers, etc. to create custom works for projects.
- You will be confident and not afraid to contribute innovative ideas to shape effective ad experiences across digital, mobile, print and video platforms.
- BA/BFA in graphic design or digital media or relevant experience
- 4+ years of marketing / advertising / design experience
- Possess a love of color, typography and storytelling through infographics & data visualizations
- Self starter--ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
- The ability to create something out of nothing and set the design direction when none is given
- Strong knowledge of Adobe CC Suite & Microsoft Office fluency
- Understanding of cross-platform, responsive web design
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Interests in advertising, marketing, media, social media and branding
- Eagerness to produce powerful campaigns and be part of a bigger team
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong conceptual skills and a good knowledge of the digital and print landscapes
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong portfolio showing previous visual and interaction design work
- Staying abreast of the evolving technology and design landscape including the emergence of new standards and devices
- Fluency with Powerpoint and Keynote
- Knowledge of Ceros, WordPress, Webflow, Flite, Sketch and different CMS platforms
- Experience creating wireframes, sketches, UI and final visual design for desktop, mobile and tablet (and all production methods associated with each)
- Video editing and/or motion graphics ability
- Familiarity with CSS, HTML and web typography
- Email your resume & portfolio website to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art/Graphics Group
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets