As an art director at The Variable, you will not be an art director. Of course, you will have to art direct stuff, but you will be responsible for much more than that.
We are going to bring our clients amazing ideas. And if they aren’t willing to do them, we’re going to do them ourselves; as evidenced by the launch of our very own energy drink. We need someone who thinks a little differently. Someone who can art direct an award-winning ad, someone that values the intangibles that great design can bring to a project, and someone who is constantly curious with a natural passion to create.
Employees who succeed at The Variable come up with brilliant ad campaigns one day and breakthrough product development ideas the next.
We want someone who will find his/her place within the current team. To do that, you need to be thick-skinned and self-starting. You need to be good in a group, hardworking, and willing to pitch in on whatever crazy opportunity pops up next. We are small by design. So we hire carefully.
Ideal candidates will have a 3+ years of agency experience. But if your book makes us jealous, we don’t care what your resume says.
- Consistently deliver unexpected ideas.
- Actively participate in concept development sessions.
- Take complete ownership of assigned work in developing advertising concepts, products, ideas and/or services.
- Embody the values of The Variable while maintaining a positive attitude and dedication.
- Have an interest outside of advertising that you are just as passionate about as advertising (we are firm believers in work/life balance…we need to know you love something else).
- Agency experience and a track record of executing amazing ideas (traditional or otherwise).
- Included a link to your portfolio on your resume or cover letter.
- The initiative to complete assignments on time without constant pestering.
- Some digital and social media experience.
- A degree in Communication Design, Art Direction, Graphic Design and/or a pedigree from a portfolio school (or something equally impressive).
YOU MUST INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO SITE FOR CONSIDERATION