Penske Media Corporation, whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience, is hiring an Art Director to join our team in our West Los Angeles headquarters. This role will be responsible for creating beautiful designs and implementing better design solutions across our brands. The ideal candidate has a fresh, cutting-edge aesthetic and understands how great design enhances content, not distracts from it.
The art director role focuses on PMC corporate as well as supporting our editorial brands such as Rolling Stone, Variety, Billboard, SXSW and The Hollywood Reporter. The ideal candidate has experience across editorial design, branding, marketing, corporate collateral and campus design. The Art Director should be comfortable working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, while balancing a wide variety of creative executions within different brands. They will assume full ownership and responsibility for their work, including concept and ideation, stakeholder communication, visual research, creative assignments, defining and attending meetings.
- Work hands-on across our portfolio of brands to deliver creative solutions that are unique to each brand’s objectives and strategies
- Direct internal and external designers in the creation of a wide variety of projects that maintain a consistent and unique visual language
- Active participation in research and strategy discussions with product managers and stakeholders
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- 1-2 years of previous Art Director experience is required
- The ability to take risks in design, push past the obvious and make something outstanding
- Be a positive and collaborative team member who is ego-free and invites feedback, while also knowing how and when to defend design choices
- Strong typography skills
- An understanding for atomic design and universal design system is a plus
- Experience working with editorial brands is preferred
In addition to an updated resume, candidates must submit a link to an online portfolio (or 5 work samples) via PDF to be considered for the position.
This is an in-office position with flexibility for a hybrid work schedule.
Typical wage range: $90K-105K + annual discretionary bonus
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, effective for this role July 1, 2023, the company will pay 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family.
Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.