Thinx Inc., an innovative company that is disrupting the menstrual hygiene and incontinence product categories. The Thinx Inc. family of brands—Thinx, Thinx Teens, Speax by Thinx, and Thinx for All™—are on a mission to create a healthier world through sustainable solutions to menstruation and incontinence.
Our people live our values daily and they serve as our cultural cornerstones.
- Be Accountable
- Be Profitable
- Be Human
- Be Curious
- Be Ambassadors
Thinx is seeking an exceptional Art Director to craft conceptually powerful, visually stunning art direction for multichannel 360 campaigns. You’ll be responsible for managing one full-time retoucher, collaborating with fellow creative team members to create art direction that is on-brief, and delivering artfully crafted assets that elevate each of our brands and channels.
The Work You’ll Do:
As a key member of the Thinx, Inc. Creative Team, the Art Director will report to the Creative Director, Art, manage the In-House Retoucher, and work closely with the Copy, Brand, Design, and Production teams. This role requires big creative thinking, an exceptional eye, and will play a lead in bolstering the concepting muscle of the creative team. In addition to collaborating with the creative team to craft multichannel art direction, the Art Director will be responsible for directing photo and video shoots on-set, and overseeing the execution and delivery of all photo and video assets representing the Thinx, Inc. family of brands.
- Partner closely with the Creative Director, Art to translate brand visual principles and ideas into functional assets that elevate and evolve the aesthetic for each brand.
- Play a leading role in cross-functional concepting sessions that produce fresh, elevated, multi-channel art direction.
- Collaborate closely with brand copywriters to develop campaign narratives in tandem with visual art direction.
- Collaborate closely with marketing designers to understand past ad performance and apply learnings to the art direction of each photo and video shoot.
- Collaborate closely with brand designers to understand how each brand shows up on different channels, and ensure that the photo and video assets being produced for each channel are cohesive
- Regularly collaborate with the in-house production team, external agencies and freelancers on the consistent application and execution of art direction for all still and video shoots.
- Work with the production team to understand shoot calendars and budgets, and possess the foresight to identify and vocalize when additional resources will be needed.
- Attend photo and video shoots and provide on-set direction
- Oversee the post-production process from start-to-finish. Make channel-specific image selects, provide retouching notes and technical feedback on a regular basis, and ensure all delivery deadlines are being consistently met. Oversee the quality of all asset deliveries by ensuring that all deliverables are cohesive, on-brand and meet technical standards before sharing with the Creative Director, Art for final approval.
- Provide the in-house retoucher with support around managing overall retouching workflow and delivery timelines.
We’re Excited About You Because…
- Your aesthetics match ours, and you possess a demonstrated mastery of your craft. Your vision is artful and your technical execution is exceptional. You understand how to flex the technical parameters of your medium to create something that is both new and visually elevated.
- You’re a strong collaborator and communicator. You understand what it means to work in a fast-paced creative environment, and are proactive about speaking up early and often throughout the creative process. You are effective at communicating necessary information to collaborators, and you thrive in the space of making a creative vision come to life by actively contributing to concepting/creative brainstorming sessions with your teammates.
- You value and pay attention to the details. You understand the importance of small details when it comes to producing finished creative work, and pay close attention to these elements. You appreciate that these small details are often the pieces that stand between making work that is good vs. work that is great.
- You combine an experimental mindset with a relentless focus on execution. You are always learning and bringing up new ideas, but once a direction is chosen you can move fast, deliver high-quality results and keep it consistent.
- You are driven and ambitious in your creative pursuits, and you are passionate about the representation of real and diverse bodies in advertising. You believe in and derive a sense of purpose from your creative work, and are constantly in pursuit of new challenges that push your creative growth. You understand the power of photography within the larger context of image-making, and are committed to contributing your skillset to this medium to create positive change.
- 5+ years of experience in integrated, multichannel art direction is necessary. Must have proven experience creating big ideas and photo/video art direction that can live on-site as well as across paid and organic channels.
- 2+ years of experience in managing full-time team members or freelancers.
- Creative agency or publication experience prefered, brand-side experience is a plus.
- Photo and video production and editing experience is a plus.
- Experience art directing TV commercials is a plus.
- Established relationships with a wide range of photographers, videographers, and agents in the field.
- Excellent at problem solving; can work efficiently and effectively to meet timelines and budget.
- Excellent critical thinking; can clearly articulate creative decisions and deliver feedback/direction.
- Excellent at cross-functional collaboration and communication. Has a proven track record of being able to communicate clearly, effectively, and amicably.
- Appreciates and is and familiar with the history of photography, film and art, especially feminist art.
- Has strong interests in fashion and contemporary art and is aware of cultural trends.
You’re Excited About Us Because...
- 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks and monthly child care stipend
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Annual training and development stipend
- 1x Monthly Mental Escape Days
- 30% discount on Thinx Inc products and a quarterly $100 spend
- $90 quarterly wellness stipend to spend on personal health and fitness
- $100 monthly WFH stipend to support your remote office needs
- Progressive policies for bereavement and compassionate leave
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company.. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.