Want to deliver the Ultimate Chocolate Experience?
Click “Apply” to get a taste of how sweet a career at Godiva could be.
The Art Director will Drive Design Excellence and best practices in all design presentations of the brand. Work closely with Global Head of Creative to develop market relevant Globally applicable 360 Campaign Visuals and supporting assets to strengthen Godiva brand equity and promote our product in the best, industry relevant, appetite appealing and visually engaging way.
- Under Creative direction of Global Head of Creative, conceptualize and develop marketing Campaign Key Visual (video + stills) and supporting assets for global and seasonal launches, design and develop unique creative solutions across branding and multichannel visual activation assets
- approach all projects with a 360 point of view, with focus on strong strategic and conceptual campaign thinking applied across a range of deliverables
- Ideate, design and develop Key visuals, Beauty visuals and any related visual marketing tools including but not limited to
- responsible for all aspects of art direction for those projects, including but not limited to creative concept development, comping, layout design, use of photo, video, graphics, animations, illustrations and type.
- Work closely with each region to develop a market relevant globally applicable designs
- Finalize all layouts for Global use and application
- Develop Visual guidelines to ensures Global consistency in application of developed assets, release and traffic all relevant art files
- Create 2D designs and layouts to effectively communicate brand and selling messages
- Deliver innovative design solutions that elevate our brand and product storytelling
- Liaises with internal and external designers to adapt design solutions for a variety of applications across brand channels (digital, retails, wholesale)
- Oversee development and production of print and digital activation assets
- Gain an understanding of industry norms and trends in order to produce the most effective and persuasive work possible
- Full ownership of key areas of responsibility (both project led and ongoing key areas)
- At least 7 years as Art director with proven performance in print and digital
- in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Strong knowledge of layout, typography, photo manipulation and illustration
- Must be fluid in UX on all social platforms
- Extensive knowledge digital advertising
- Experience art directing complex commercial shoots
- Comfortable and experience in the Food & Beverage photography space
- Ability to think and design across various media and applications
- Highly knowledgeable of print and digital production processes
- Ability to see projects through from concept to execution
- Accustomed to working in an environment requiring multi-tasking
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree preferred in art or design
- Proven project management skills of multiple small & large-scale projects
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to overcome issues, propose solutions and make decisions
- Passion for visual story telling
- Behavioral: eye for detail, entrepreneurial, results driven, flexible, pragmatic, team player, eager to learn and open-minded
Godiva and affiliates, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully:
Godiva is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Godiva via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Godiva in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Godiva, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Godiva as a result of the referral or through other means.