ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
There are plenty of good art directors out there, but not all of them have that special ability to see how different design elements, copy, colors, and fonts can work in concert to deliver communications that are powerful, persuasive, and boldly creative. When all this stuff is clicking, the entire campaign or suite of designs builds off each other, increasing the impact for anyone experiencing it.
If this sounds like you, join our growing Creative Studio of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists who love what we do. We’re rapidly putting ICF Next on the map as the DC metro area’s premier creative shop, we’re no stranger to award shows, and yet we remain grounded in doing meaningful work for clients who are trying to make a positive change in the world. Send your resume and a link to your portfolio.
As An Art Director, You Will
- Support public and private sector clients who tackle issues like HIV/AIDS, disaster preparedness, human trafficking, climate change, child welfare, and more.
- Execute designs based on creative briefs or brainstorming sessions and follow agreed schedules.
- Translate design concepts to web and print mediums.
- Design complex visualizations, data-driven projects, and infographics.
- Be an expert in understanding requirements that create engaging experiences.
- Have the ability to communicate and present ideas to internal and external clients.
- Present or oversee the presentation of final concepts and coordinate production and dissemination for cross-organizational use.
- Be comfortable collaborating with writers, editors, motion graphics designers, and front-end and back-end developers.
- Be able to lead projects from planning to execution.
You Will Need
- 3+ years of experience designing for social media, web, and mobile environments.
- A bachelor’s degree in visual arts, or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.). Sketch, Figma, and InVision a plus.
- Experience in ensuring that the team adheres to current processes, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, and proposing and creating strategies and tools to support design operations.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivation to work independently or with a team.
- The ability to provide and receive constructive feedback in a collaborative environment.
- The ability to understand the clients’ business and apply analytical skills to help solve the problems they face.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with web accessibility is a plus.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.