Architectural Lighting Designer
LEO A DALY is a leader in the design of the built environment dedicated to transforming the human experience through the power of design. For more than 100 years, we’ve created places that inspire wonder, connect communities and enable great things. Our creative teams combine planning, architecture, engineering, interiors and program management to deliver truly integrated design.
We are a diverse collection of inventive problem solvers united by a passion for great design.
We own the impact of our work, socially, economically and environmentally. In collaboration with our clients and each other, we create innovative, thoughtful and sustainable solutions to the urgent challenges that face our world.
As an Architectural Lighting Designer, you will be responsible for creating and implementing lighting solutions that enhance the aesthetics and functionality of interior and exterior spaces.
Architectural Lighting Designers are responsible for creating unique lighting solutions to complex architectural projects during all phases of multiple simultaneous projects. Architectural Lighting Designer’s perform assignments under the direct supervision of one or more Senior Architectural Lighting Designers. Architectural Lighting Designer’s concentrate on specific design or technical documentation tasks that contribute to overall projects. Assignments will include developing and presenting conceptual lighting design direction, validating the lighting design concept through computer aided visualizations and calculations, developing details to ensure the integration of lighting within the architectural environment, preparing cost estimates, and producing deliverable drawing sets for site plans, lighting plans, schedules, details, lighting control schedules and sequences of operation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designs and specifies project-appropriate lighting design requirements.
- Coordinates designs with the work of others.
- Performs Revit modeling and detailing.
- Assists to conduct site investigations and observations.
- Assists to prepare narratives, reports, hand and computer calculations, drawing and specification documents in accordance with a high degree of quality, yet with regard to project schedule and budget constraints.
- Assists to perform cross-discipline discussions and coordination.
- Additional assignments may include attending client and internal meetings, assisting with performing construction contract administration, and assisting with marketing/business development activities.
- Travel for project related activities relative to existing building assessments/investigations, client meetings, or construction jobsite observations may be required
- Accredited degree in Architectural Lighting Design or Architectural Engineering with an electrical/lighting emphasis.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in lighting design on a wide variety of projects in the A/E industry
- Strong interest to pursue Associate IALD, LC, PE or design related professional licensure.
- Beginners’ knowledge of codes and related industry standards
- Knowledge and proficiency using:
- 3D modeling software such as SketchUp, Revit, 3DS Max, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Rhino, Grasshopper, DIVA, Climate Studio.
- Building energy code analysis software such as COMcheck.
- Lighting simulation analysis software, such as Iray or AGi32.
- Knowledge of LightStanza or ElumTools for REVIT is a plus.
- Strong graphic, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Tangential knowledge of other building systems.
- Positive attitude and commitment to being an active participant working as part of a multi-discipline team.
LEO A DALY Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. LEO A DALY Company, is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department by phone at 402-391-8111 or by email at Recruiting@LEOADALY.com .