The Architectural Designer is responsible for providing innovative and practical design solutions to meet or exceed client requirements while keeping in-line with project scope, schedule and fee. As lead designer, the Architectural Designer collaborates with the Project Manager and Project Architect to maintain client relationships, project delivery, and project profitability.
Position reports to the Studio Director and Director of Architectural Design Practice Area Leader. Indirectly reports to Design Director (for career goals, mentoring, conflict resolution, and overall design guidance.)
- Professional architectural degree, B. Arch or higher. US Registered Architect preferred. LEED AP preferred.
- Proficient in Revit, Adobe CS Suite, 3D modelling software (Rhino, SketchUp).
- 5-10 years with successful track record as lead designer of architectural projects.
- Strong technical understanding of design philosophy and capability to develop strategies to incorporate into the design.
- Thorough knowledge of building materials, detailing, construction techniques, related engineering principles, sustainability strategies.
- Thorough knowledge of building codes, ADA requirements.
- Knowledge of construction cost.
- Strong graphic and visual skills to communicate design ideas.
- Ability to effectively communicate with design team.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work and lead in a fast-paced work environment on multiple assignments.
- Must be a motivated individual with the ability to solve design problems independently and in a team environment.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurances, vacation, paid time off, flexible spending, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, travel insurances, tuition assistance, reimbursement for professional licensing/certification exam fees, continuing education programs, 401(k) and commuter benefits.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or disability status.
*****Please combine work samples and resume as one PDF before uploading (required)******