Application Support Analyst
CyberSource, a Visa company, is a global leader in eCommerce payment management. CyberSource was one of the world's first payment gateways, connecting online merchants to payment networks, including Visa. Today, CyberSource offers a full-service payment management platform for eCommerce merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
CyberSource is looking for a bright, passionate and dedicated employee to join our Operations 2nd Level Applications team. In this role you will be responsible for supporting our production transaction processing systems. These systems are truly the backbone of our business and process millions of transactions daily for some of the most prestigious companies in the US.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Initial escalation point for Service Desk Tier 1 for application issues
- Perform routine application maintenance including host file updates, log rotation, shell scripting for common tasks
- Contribute information to project plans and meet stated deadlines
- Compose clear documentation and reports as well as prepare Power Point slides and give informational presentations
- Maintain and update 3rd party applications (Docker, Kubernetes, Tomcat, WAS etc..)
- Monitor application performance (e.g. memory, logging, latency)
- Perform weekly code deployment to the Production environment
- Implement and maintain Performance monitoring dashboards using industry standard tools (Splunk, Thousand Eyes, Graphite etc..)
- Problem Management for Applications
- Code release into CAS (test) and PROD working with Product Development using industry standard tools
- Support application deployment for new and existing services or features working with different groups like Product Development and Engineering
- Support Customer Support on merchant escalated issues specific to applications. (e.g. increase latency)
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree
- Experience working in Linux / UNIX environment
- Basic shell scripting and programming knowledge
- Basic understanding of Linux Systems, Databases and Network concepts
- Basic understanding of the software development life-cycle is helpful
- Basic understanding of Docker and Kubernetes internal architecture, networking and container micro service architectural pattern
- Strong written and communication skills
- Experience with Enterprise monitoring/dashboard creation
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Self-motivated and goal driven to run with individual projects to meet business needs
- Strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn
This position has a minimum base salary of $80,000 and a midpoint base salary of $102,000. The base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
- Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
- Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
- Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.