Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
As a Development Manager at CVS Health, you will be leading a small team developing critical applications in the healthcare industry. More specifically, the Development Manager will be a vital contributor in designing and developing new in-house applications and enhancing existing applications.
The role of the Development Manager may involve taking ownership of complex and crucial projects and guide teams of employees and contractors towards successful implementation
- Independently designs, codes and lead others in the development of cost-effective applications and solutions.
- Leads or acts as chief technical contributor of business requirements to technical specifications.
- Independently performs and assists other team members in providing ongoing system maintenance, research, problem resolution and on-call support tasks for existing systems.
- Oversees or performs unit testing.
- Perform or assist with integration and system testing, according to detailed test plans to ensure high-quality systems.
- Assist business partners with User Acceptance Testing.
- With limited direction, supports the implementation of systems into production.
- Responsible for Code Asset Management for an application or set of applications. Supports and promotes the reuse of assets across the organization.
- Will lead or act as a subject matter expert for projects and/or service requests impacting an application or set of applications.
- Ability to support and lead others to develop .Net web applications, API services and SQL Server tables and stored procedures, utilizing onshore and offshore teams.
- Serves as team leader to direct technical activities, while also providing support for small and large highly complex projects that require increased skill across multiple technical environments and disciplines, that have system wide impact and that integrate across the organization.
- Receives some supervision and direction as regards prioritization of work but is competent to work independently and to offer direction and oversight to assigned team.
- Able to work with diverse infrastructure teams to migrate of applications and VMs to Azure
- Implementing automated unit tests thru dependency injection
- Work with the team to implement Behavior Driven Development
- 6+ years of IT experience with C#.Net, MS Visual Studio
- 6+ years of experience with SQL Server 2016 or later version
- 2+ years of experience leading small development teams
- Understanding of Integrations and APIs
- Knowledge of SAFE Agile methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Problem Solving and Analytical skills
- Possess leadership skills
- 2+ years’ experience in Specflow/Gherkin and SAST (Static Application Secure Testing)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or 1 years of additional experience for every year of college not attained, in addition to required years of experience.
The typical pay range for this role is: $81,000.00 – $162,000.00
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (“PTO”) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health can provide a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through ColleagueRelations@CVSHealth.com If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.