Apparel Design Assistant
Huckberry is looking for a hard-working, organized, and detail-oriented individual to join the in-house Apparel Design team. This individual will work closely with all cross-functional teams including Merchandising, Tech, and Production to ensure we are creating best-in-class products. This role is vital in keeping all teams on track with day-to-day responsibilities and will have the opportunity to contribute to collections across multiple brands over time. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a strong love for design and product.
This role is based in Austin, TX, and requires regular onsite work at Huckberry HQ
- Support seasonal development calendar in partnership with Designer/Technical Designers/Developers to hit all key milestone dates
- Execute specific design development projects such as mood boards and research as assigned by the Designer
- Assist with tech pack updates as needed in our PLM system
- Manage in-season development through the organization of seasonal binders including all submits for lab dips, materials, trim development, etc.
- Create and update linesheets and working boards as needed
- Maintain an active role in the weekly fittings and WIP meetings, taking notes and following up on all outstanding issues
- 1-3 years of experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Insanely organized and detail-oriented
- Can work independently while adhering to deadlines
- Strong ability in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience in mens wear is a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401(k) and employer match
- WFH flexibility
- Sabbatical Leave
- Summer Fridays
- Mental health resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Generous employee discount
Huckberry is a leading men’s lifestyle retailer and media company. Millions of guys trust us as their go-to resource for the coolest new gear, lifestyle inspiration, and a lot more. We were recently named one of IAB’s most disruptive consumer brands, and we’ve collaborated with everyone from Matthew McConaughey and Kelly Slater to brands like Danner, Timex, and RRL. We look forward to meeting you.
Huckberry encourages candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are always eager to further diversify our company, and we are committed to providing an inclusive environment of mutual respect where all can flourish. All of our employment decisions are based solely on merit and business need.
Huckberry does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.