Android Software Engineer
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is committed to being the best global kitchen and laundry company, in constant pursuit of improving life at home. In an increasingly digital world, the company is driving purposeful innovation to meet the evolving needs of consumers through its iconic brand portfolio, including Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit, Yummly and InSinkErator. In 2022, the company reported approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 61,000 employees and 56 manufacturing and technology research centers.
Work in a collaborative environment to develop the next generation of connected appliances. Develop embedded Software solutions for IOT (Internet of Things) and HMIs (Human Machine Interface), work with a variety of microprocessors, SDKs (Software Development Kit), open source libraries and operating systems (RTOS).
The candidate must live within a commutable distance to Chicago or Southwest Michigan.
Your responsibilities will include
- Daily activities in software life cycle, translate requirements into software functional specifications to product level testing, including software design, implementation and unit testing
- Software and firmware development
- Actively join Design Reviews, conduct peer reviews, and provide meaningful feedback for other team members
- Create and execute Unit Tests
- Document Software Design and implementation
- Release software for validation and production
- Contribute on the development process from the technical design and architecture to the implementation and maintenance
- Interface with external and internal teams to define new product features
- Eventual international travels
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Mechatronics
- 3+ Years of Experience in Android Development
- 3+ Years of experience with Java Development
- 2+ Years of Android Application Design and Architecture
Preferred skills and experiences
- Masters of Science Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Mechatronics
- 3+ years of experience with multi-process, multi-tasking or multi-threaded based Operating Systems (RTOS, Linux, Embedded Android)
- Knowledge of oriented object programming
- Knowledge and experience using design patterns like MVVM and MVP
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, operating systems, etc.
Whirlpool’s Ways of Working
Our goal is to provide an environment that helps you bring your best to Whirlpool every day. We apply ‘always on’ flexibility to all work days. You will have the autonomy to manage personal, family, and outside-of-work commitments as needed. Employees in this role work in person Monday through Thursday with the option to work remotely on Friday.
We offer other flexibility and industry-leading time-off benefits that will help you balance what’s important at work and at home, including:
- Flexible Friday - Option to work extra hours Monday through Thursday to finish up work early on Friday.
- Two-Week Work Remote from Anywhere - Minimum of one-week increments for a total of two weeks per year.
- Sabbatical - Four weeks paid leave after every five years of service.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.