As the Analytics Engineer on the Data Team at Imperfect, your primary responsibilities will include the development, maintenance, and operational stability of scalable, resilient data pipelines which feed our data warehouse. You’ll create sophisticated, accurate, and elegantly designed data models and support complex analyses. You’ll support the needs of the business through the design and development of actionable analytics, along with the development and maintenance of the Data platform. The primary focus for this role will involve taking business requirements from concept and development through to deployment to the production environment. You’ll be enabling our fast-growing company to make better decisions, and play a meaningful role in driving data-driven decisions.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to understand and identify data needs and opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions, translating business requirements into efficient and well documented data models to empower data-driven development
- Design, develop, and own ETL pipelines that deliver data with measurable quality and accuracy, allowing Imperfect to extract more insights from existing data and take advantage of new data sources
- Analyze, define, and document system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs
- Strengthen efforts to scale our data infrastructure including exploring alternative data management and pipeline tools
- Analyze existing pipelines and data models to ensure efficiency in the organization, design, and utilization of data layers that help the company get the most out of our data
- Consult with internal and external stakeholders to prototype, refine, test, define KPIs, and debug data layers
- Ensure quality of deliverables using development testing methods, code reviews, and user acceptance testing
- Create and maintain documentation, including data dictionaries and incident recovery documentation
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g. Fivetran, Snowflake, Stitch, dbt), along with identifying ways to improve existing data systems
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: analytics engineering, data engineering, or full-stack analytics
- Experience in and an interest in further developing the following skills: scripting languages like Python, ETL best practices, database concepts (Relational and NoSQL)
- Expertise in database design and architectural principles and methodologies
- Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently
- A deep understanding of sophisticated data problems, as well as a demonstrated ability to overcome them
- You are a champion for data and data accuracy
- You’re just as comfortable debugging and working deep in technical minutia as you are conveying technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- You’re a self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- You’re excited to join a fast-paced startup environment
- You’re excited to wear multiple hats, including setting up data pipelines, analyzing and QAing data, and working with stakeholders to deliver additional data sources and insights
- You have a natural customer service orientation
- You share our passion for eliminating food waste in the world by learning to love ugly produce
Details of Position:
- Full-time, exempt position is remote and reports to the Analytics Manager and is available immediately
- Salary and stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package includes healthcare, paid vacation, and a monthly $50 credit towards your Imperfect box!
- Sedentary work; predominantly involves sitting most of the time
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses and screens
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets also required
Imperfect's commitment to DEI
Imperfect Foods is steadfast in its commitment to being an actively anti-racist company.
We understand that it is necessary to take ownership and accountability for building an equitable workplace where all members of our organization can truly belong. It is our responsibility to ensure that every department at every level of our business reflects the diversity of the world we live in. We aim to achieve this through our hiring practices and by championing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programming that fosters a supportive work environment where everyone can thrive and have connections across teams.
DEI programming is available for all employees and we highly encourage staff participation. It is only with everyone’s unique perspectives, experiences, and beliefs that we can help shape a culture of belonging and create an environment where all Imperfectionists are celebrated.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
COVID update for on-site employees:
All Imperfect Foods employees must be fully vaccinated to be on-site or at company functions. For roles that require an employee to be on-site to fulfill their job functions: job offers are contingent on providing proof of vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status).