It has come to our attention that various international organizations or individuals have been offering false employment opportunities at Aecon Group Inc. Aecon Group Inc. employment policies and processes involve interviews, and candidates who seek employment are never required to pay us any sum of money. To do so would be contrary to our business conduct guidelines and ethical practices. We also do not extend formal offers of employment or execute employment agreements through social media or social chat platforms.
We take this matter extremely seriously and are working with the appropriate authorities to shut down such fraudulent schemes. Please remain vigilant on this matter and report any suspicious outreach to your local authorities and email any concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Canadian leader in infrastructure development, Aecon is safely and sustainably building what matters for future generations to thrive! We lead some of the most impactful infrastructure projects of our generation, at the forefront of transformational change in transportation and energy, and partnering every day to build, connect, power, and strengthen our communities.
At Aecon, you can count on:
- Safety First. Our number one core value. If we can’t do it safely, we don’t do it at all.
- Integrity. We lead by example, with humility and courage.
- Accountability. We’re passionate about delivering on our commitments.
- Inclusion. We provide equitable opportunities for everyone.
We lead the infrastructure industry with purpose, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. So, we invest in our people, just like they invest in us!
At Aecon we:
- Ensure you and your family receive the services needed to support your mental, emotional, and physical well-being
- Believe in helping you build your career through our Aecon University and Leadership Programs
- Are committed to supporting and investing in inclusive work environments, through initiatives like Equity, Diversity & Inclusion training, our Aecon Women in Trades and Aecon Diversity in Trades programs, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to ensure we are building inclusion into every aspect of our culture at Aecon.
- Are a leader in sustainable construction. With a strong commitment to operating responsibility by minimizing our impact on the environment and surrounding communities.
Our business success relies on strong execution and continuous improvement – driven by the diversity, expertise and teamwork of our people. We’re always searching the globe for innovative, collaborative minds to join our best-in-class Aecon community!
Reporting to the Manager, Treasury, the Treasury Analyst is responsible for supporting the day-to-day treasury functions at Aecon. This includes ensuring the company’s liquidity requirements are met daily, completion of all bank-related documentation, administration of the online banking systems, online approval of all tax-related payments, and overall support to our projects and business partners.
- Preparation of daily cash position and short-term cash forecasting reports for executive management
- Manage daily drawdowns and repayments from the credit facility.
- Maintenance of bank account database and keeper of all related bank documentation
- Work closely with SBUs, shared services, and IS to open and close bank accounts, including coordination of testing and user access.
- Maintain strong banking controls, including but not limited to semi-annual reviews of signatory lists, review and signoff on wire backup and adherence to LOAs.
- Maintain online banking user access and entitlement, including but not limited to semi-annual reviews of online banking user entitlement list.
- Investigate and coordinate daily bank account inquiries.
- Approval of tax and bill payments in online banking systems
- Coordinate and set up weekly wire payments.
- Review and recommend improvements to treasury processes and procedures including opportunities to automate cash processes, streamline reporting and enhance banking processes.
- Month-end journal entries, accruals, and reports
- Obtain financing quotes from lenders for equipment and facilitate capital expenditure (CAPEX) requests.
- Monthly and quarterly debt reporting, including tracking all lease/loan additions, disposals, and buyouts.
- Reconcile the Consolidated Treasury Report to the Consolidated Bank Reconciliation on monthly basis.
- Ad-hoc duties as required – Automate lease reconciliation process; participate lease module implementation and SWIFT rollout in the U.S. and Canada.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Working towards a professional designation (CPA or CTP)
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- SAP experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability for accuracy
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with various levels of management.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong Excel skills
Aecon fosters diversity, inclusion and belonging within and across our organization. We welcome all to apply including, women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We are committed to adhering to the objectives and requirements outlined in the Accessible Canada Act (ACA), and to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, through the implementation of the requirements of the ACA and its applicable regulations. If you require accommodation under the ACA during any step of the application process please click here.