Analyst, Strategic Finance
AsanaSan Francisco, CA15 days ago
Asana is building out a world class Finance team to help achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. Specifically, the Strategic Finance team connects the dots between Asana’s operational and business strategies to shape long term financial performance. You will collaborate cross-functionally with finance, business, and product teams alike to turn data into actionable insights that help solve Asana’s most complex challenges.
The ideal candidate is relentlessly curious and detail-oriented. You will have exceptional communication skills and won’t be afraid to speak up. You’re an analytical all-star who thrives on complexity and loves bringing order to data. You’re driven to do great things, fast.
You will be joining a Strategic Finance team that seeks to identify, analyze, and synthesize the factors driving our growth by rejecting false tradeoffs and doing great things, fast. We ensure our objectives are feasible and work closely with all teams to ensure they have the resources, data, and insights they need to achieve Asana’s ambitious mission: enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve:
- Influence strategic short and long-term business decision-making through financial modeling and analysis in collaboration with business and product teams
- Implement and evolve processes and models to scale our Strategic Finance and FP&A practices; support company-wide strategic planning and forecasting processes in a manner that is both efficient and effective
- Own and develop financial forecasts that accurately predict business performance and optimize for both growth and ROI; highlight key variances, opportunities, and issues to senior leaders in easily digestible formats
- Improve the velocity of decision-making through research and complex data analyses on our core product and financial metrics
- Develop a deep understanding of industry trends and benchmarks; ideate, implement and iterate investment return analysis across partner teams with a scalable approach
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses as required
- Two or more years of applicable experience in finance or strategy at a fast-growing company, or a background in a highly quantitative field (Investment Banking or similar)
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and work cross-functionally with strong planning, process management, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent business judgment and intellectual curiosity; proven ability to turn data into actionable insights and recommendations, and present findings clearly and concisely
- Advanced knowledge of Excel or Google Sheets required; willingness to learn SQL and/or experience with data visualization tools like Looker and Tableau a plus
- Strong understanding of financial concepts and accounting principles; prior knowledge of and experience with enterprise software or SaaS business models is a plus
- Calmness in the face of uncertainty; comfortable working in a dynamic and hyper-growth environment, while grounded in humor and humility
- A degree in finance, accounting, engineering, mathematics, economics or related quantitative field or equivalent work experience