Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
- Support identification and management of new customers and emerging opportunities in the US solar market including Investor Owned Utility (IOU), Independent Power Producer (IPP), and Public Power utility sectors.
- Maintain up to date research on IOU, IPP and C&I customer procurement plans through ongoing research into customer resource planning and state and regional policies and regulations impacting solar procurement.
- Participate in customer account planning, and the execution of business strategies to secure module sale agreements.
- Lead organization and documentation of utility, regulatory, and ISO resource planning.
- Complete and report out analyses of utility- and mid-scale PV market and related markets outlook using detailed review of resource planning materials as well as third party analyses.
- Develop forward-looking assessments of new market opportunities, including regulatory and legislative developments.
- Understanding of clean energy policies and other market drivers influencing utility-scale solar procurement decisions.
- Research and analysis of the economic drivers of power plant development including power markets, public policy, and customer preferences.
- Financial modeling of power projects, energy markets, or similar experience.
- Bachelors and/or Graduate Degree, in Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, Government, Public Policy or related discipline
- Proven analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Enthusiasm and demonstrated ability to motivate team
- Knowledge of solar, sustainability and environmental policies, issues, and benefits
- Understanding of power/energy markets, ISO/RTO market function and stakeholder process
- Quantitative analysis using standard financial and economic methodologies, ideally in the power or energy industries
- Familiarity with SNL.com, Wood Mackenzie, BNEF and/or similar research tools and services
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs
- Responsible for gathering real-time market feedback, performing market analyses and evaluating market parameters in coordination with Business Development and Market Development
- Attend relevant state, ISO/RTO stakeholder, or industry organization meetings/conferences in order to monitor issues and trends of importance to First Solar
- Track and understand customer perspectives on relevant regulatory and power market issues
- Provide Market Development team with recommendations regarding how best to prioritize markets in the U.S.
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description subject to change at any time
US Physical Requirements:
Office Physical Requirements:
All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers, internal and external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation. First Solar is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check band any other tests that may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.