Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
At Wilson, we are here to empower every human to live like an athlete. Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. We come together to win, grow, and celebrate. We all play for Team Wilson. We all have a role to play within our organization and are working towards the same goal. One team, one dream.
We believe that being an athlete isn’t something you do, it’s who you are. It’s a universal code of conduct, a way of seeing the world and how you show up every day. We seek out diverse voices and welcome all perspectives. Our team is composed of individuals with unique backgrounds, points of view and experiences. These perspectives create a rich and diverse culture in which we learn from one another through empathy and inclusion.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players, athletes, and our community is no small task. We are continually looking to add enthusiastic, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference —and who love to help others win. Together, we will create a better world through sport. Join us.
What You'll Do
We are currently seeking an FP&A Analyst to support our FP&A Managers and Controllers by analyzing operational and financial data, building databases, and preparing reports.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare forecast and budget schedules and timelines for respective business units
- Provide support to FP&A Managers and Controllers in analysis, target setting, and controlling, including product, customer, and channel profitability analysis
- Provide support and training to the BUs in areas including operating expense analysis, vendor management, and detailed sales analysis across all channels
- Work with Financial Controlling team to ensure balance sheet accounts and reconciliations are accurate and complete
- Evaluate new and existing projects, investments, and assets to determine validity and value.
- Recommend areas of improvement and cost saving
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors
- Liaise between Accounts Payable and Brand Managers
What We're Looking For
This role requires an associate or bachelor’s degree in accounting plus at least 3 years of related experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Other Qualifications include:
- Strong analytical skills; ability to monitor appropriate financial measures and interpret and use data to help in decision making
- Ability to take complex information and report it in a simple and consistent manner
- A desire to accomplish and achieve results quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent ability to plan and organize so that work is completed efficiently; ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work closely with other functional areas and across brands
- High energy level; proactive & flexible work style; ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and appropriate manner
- Flexible and open to new ideas; brings new ideas to the table; ability to adapt quickly to new situations
- Proficient computer skills, specifically with Excel, and AFO; SAP and Oracle a plus
What We’ll Provide
We offer an innovative, inclusive, and people-first environment with competitive benefits and perks, including:
- Paid time off for part- and full-time employees
- Education reimbursement
- Medical, dental and vision
- Pre-tax transit discounts
- 401(k) with company match
- Life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Volunteering programs
- Team-building outings
- Discounts on Wilson and Amer Sports products
Wilson Sporting Goods Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.