Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
This Financial Analyst position is a key member of the finance team supporting our National Bread, Buns and Rolls Product Marketing teams as well as the Marketing Center of Excellence. This role assists with insights, analysis, forecasting, budget management and planning for the applicable product categories and covers the US baking business geography for BBUSA.
What to expect in this role:
- The opportunity to work cross functionally and develop in your career in a matrixed environment
- Reconcile and project future marketing budget while supporting the business to optimize spending and enhance returns
- Collaborate on the category financial projections including topline and expense
- Own the finance national coupon process
- Actively close the financials each period with journal entries, period reporting and account reconciliations
- Experience as a finance business partner to our key stakeholders; primarily across the marketing, sales and finance functions
- Help to drive results through P&L insights, price / volume / mix analysis, variance and ROI analysis, and ad hoc project evaluations
- Assist with analysis to better understand and communicate the impact of strategic projects including new product development and business changes
- Assist in senior leadership presentation development
What you will bring to this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related discipline (Finance, Economics or Accounting preferred) o A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Minimum of 2 Years relevant work experience o CPG / Food or DSD environment preferred but not required
- Analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Experience in finance as well as accounting functions a plus
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work independently or in a team environment o Experience in a remote environment a plus
- Ability to simplify and streamline data in an accessible way while creating insights
- Strong sense of curiosity and focus on continual improvement of processes and results with a desire to learn and develop
- Proficiency in MS Office applications; experience with Hyperion Essbase / Oracle / Margin Miner / Microstrategy or other large reporting systems a plus
- Experience in analysis automation / visualization of data a bonus
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.