J.P Morgan is seeking an Employee Social Media Manager to support official employee advocacy programs on LinkedIn.
Sitting on the Global Social Media team, this role plays a crucial role in supporting our Ambassador programs, directly working with senior leaders at the firm to enhance their LinkedIn presence and further amplify our brand social media efforts. The primary focus will be on content creation (visual and written) publishing content, and monitoring performance, with an emphasis on providing detailed reporting.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to create and maintain editorial content calendars
- Craft engaging written and visual content aligned with the firm’s messaging
- Publish content on behalf of Ambassadors, ensuring approvals are secured
- Monitor and analyze the performance of content
- Generate reports highlighting key metrics and insights
- Provide recommendations for content optimization based on performance data
- Assist in the development and execution of training sessions to educate employees on LinkedIn best practices and the firm’s employee social media policy
- Partner with platform and vendor partners
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, and Skills
This role requires an enthusiastic team player who is able to partner with senior stakeholders and understands the importance of timeliness when responding to executives and posting content.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in Social Media and/or in Executive Communications
- In-depth knowledge of LinkedIn and its capabilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A sense of urgency to meet deadlines and strong attention to detail
- Passion for social media, PR and digital marketing
- Confidence to pitch fresh ideas, think creatively, and identify and solve problems
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
- Team player with enthusiastic attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. Eager to learn, contribute, and make an impact.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe creative suite proficiency and basic design experience
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities, and Skills
- Financial services experience a plus
Should you be considered for this role, applicants will be asked to provide social media writing and design samples.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents and perspectives that they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law.
In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs. (If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability and wish to request an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us by calling the Accessibility Line (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690 and indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.)
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, we offer discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of firm performance and individual achievements and contributions.
We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Veterans
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Base Pay/Salary: New York,NY - $62,700.00-$95,000.00