At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
AES Clean Energy is currently seeking a Development Analyst to support project development efforts as a member of AES Clean Energy’s Community Solar (CS) and Distributed Generation (DG) Development team. The team is tasked with the development of CS & DG solar, solar + storage, and stand-alone storage projects. The successful candidate will support all project development for projects located in the United States. Key activities include identifying optimal locations for solar and standalone storage projects, land acquisition, project permitting, coordinating site studies and diligence, supporting the interconnection process, supporting project development budgets, due diligence and assistance with project acquisitions and ensuring projects successfully reach construction commencement.
This position will reside within the Project Development group and will work in close collaboration with the New products team. The position can be remote (US territory only) based or use one our various office locations including Louisville, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; Houston, TX; NYC, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Arlington, VA. The role requires the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, work on multiple tasks and projects and may require travel The successful candidate will work on a cross-functional team with land origination, project development, permitting, community relations, legal, finance, engineering, interconnection, construction, and outside consultants, landowners, customers, and other project partners.
- Support all aspects of project development from site origination or acquisition through to construction commencement.
- Support creation of project development schedules and budgets.
- Attend project meetings with internal and external partners.
- Coordinate and track contract obligations in key project documents.
- Assist with Project Discretionary Permitting including permit strategy, tracking permit efforts, working with local AHJs, presenting at permit hearings.
- Coordinate closely with the broader cross-functional teams.
- Coordinate for delivery of site and environmental studies, surveys and diligence reports.
- Work with internal and external Engineering teams as they progress engineering and design.
- Work with internal construction management team on contractor selection process.
- Coordinate with construction management team on securing ministerial permits.
- Handoff projects once fully developed and permitted to the construction management team.
- Coordinate additional resources or outside consultants/contractors as well as managing and meeting expenses throughout project development.
- Apply critical thinking needed to communicate and influence employees at all levels regarding project risks, opportunities, and recommended action.
- Provide support and analysis for Business Development pipeline reporting.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferred: 1-2 years of project development experience in renewable energy development.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in renewable energy, logistics, finance, engineering, project/construction management or equivalent. Graduate degree a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required including public speaking and/or platform skills for executive management presentations.
- Self-starter, very self-reliant and capable of operating with minimum supervision.
- Experience using CRM systems and developing performance indicators.
- Comfortable handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.The expected salary for this position, at commencement of employment, is between $60.000 and $76.500/Annual; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements such as annual bonus, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, life, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.Safety comes first at AES. To protect the health and safety of our people, customers, communities and partners, and to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, AES requires all newly-hired people or current AES people applying for U.S.-based role(s), to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be willing to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their date of hire. Except where prohibited by law or not specifically covered in a collective bargaining agreement, new hires and transfers will be required to provide proof of vaccination during onboarding and periodically thereafter. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.