Assists with the .NET web application design, development, testing, enhancement, documentation, and deployment of web and application software solutions, database designs, interfaces, and customizations as specified by requirements taken from Business Stakeholders. This role takes on small to large sized projects with supervision. Progressively more challenging work will be assigned with experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work hands-on and provide the technical knowledge in the design, development, implementation, maintenance, and support of the enterprise information systems.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to gather and refine specifications and business needs.
- Responsible for the coding, design, interfaces and layout of websites in accordance with company and department specifications.
- Create website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Develop web-based interfaces for operational systems through defined requirements.
- Analyze information system requirements, create designs, and provide documentation by utilizing company specified tools and methodologies.
- Provide information system technology solutions by adhering to Dish prescribed life-cycle tools and methodologies.
- May provide a variety of services ranging from daily support, maintenance, design, development, and trouble-shooting to improve, advance, or simplify company business processes.
- May provide leadership or project management within application development teams to deliver coordinated software solutions.
- May define standards and procedures, refine methods and techniques for information modeling and best practices for application software development and deployment.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems; or equivalent combination of 2+ years education and experience.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming Language such as .Net, MVC or Java including C# and VB.net
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, Adobe Dreamweaver and related web application developmental programs.
- Procedural scripting experience with SQL, PL/SQL and Visual Basic.
- Knowledge of software development process and fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of Oracle and SQL Server databases and database design.
- Ability to understand the basic workings of databases (including normalization, etc).
- Knowledge of SQL tuning and Amazon Web Services a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, technical procedures or government policy.
- Able to write reports/correspondence/procedure manuals, and present information and respond to questions from managers/customers/general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to understand data flow
Compensation: $57,400.00/Year - $82,000.00/Year