Analyst, Compliance & Controls
Reporting to the VP Controls Centre of Excellence (CoE), the Analyst, Controls & Compliance will support the team in conducting controls & compliance testing across in-scope SOX areas within Pearson. You will manage a tailored testing plan and will partner with all control-owners to gain the required evidence and ensure smooth delivery.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Key contact with some of our control-owners to ensure that their controls are designed and tested to a suitable standard, within the timelines agreed by the control-owner, the Centre of Excellence (CoE) and external audit.
- Providing support to the wider CoE on ad hoc projects as needed, to help ensure the controls framework is as efficient and streamlined as possible.
- Provide input on process flow improvement and documentation.
- Building relationships with control-owners, and other stakeholders, to help promote the CoE within the company.
- Supporting User Access Reviews as needed.
- Communicating your testing findings to the reviewers/compliance and controls leadership team.
- Assist with data entry and data cleansing in our controls tool.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting with experience in working in controls or finance/accounting/audit.
- An ability to communicate clearly to ensure we have appropriate focus on controls.
- An ability to prioritise workload and projects
- Understanding of materiality and risks.
- The ability to map process and identify key and non-key controls
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to identify control opportunities.
Your rewards & benefits
We know you’ll do great work, so we give a lot back with some of the best benefits in the business. We know that one size doesn’t fit all, so our workplace programs meet the different needs of our diverse teams, and their families too.
We will also support you in attaining SOX and/or related qualifications as you continue to grow your career here at Pearson