The Alteration Specialist will be immersed and exposed to all facets of the alterations business through servicing our clientele. They will be expected to assist with all the aspects of the tailoring process, from when a product is sold, and be engaged with our clients from their first fitting through final pickup. They will uphold the procedures and policies of the FENDI brand. They will gain an understanding of the retail business while increasing their skill sets by preparing garments for sewing by hand and machine, pressing, steaming and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSABILITIES:
- Interface with Customers by phone and in person in the fitting room
- Attend Fittings (first fittings and pickups)
- Build positive team relationships throughout the boutique to inspire trust and teamwork
- Record all work and follow through on tailoring documentation
- Record required alterations and instructions for future projects
- Utilize their experience and exposure of hand sewing and machine sewing services
- Provide our garments with pressing/steaming and packaging the final piece(s) for our clients
- Maintain a clean, organized, and stocked work area and inform a Leader when additional supplies are needed
- Provide feedback to Store Management regarding merchandise handling concerns
- The Alteration Specialist is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time. They will need to reach for tools and objects with hands and arms, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear customers. They must occasionally lift up to 15 pounds. They must be able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception.
JOB SKILLS, REQUIREMENTS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Minimum 5 years of tailoring/seamstress experience in a luxury retail setting preferred
- Experience working with furs a plus
- Minimum High School Degree or equivalent experience a plus
- Have an interest in garment construction with some sewing experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrate initiative along with a positive attitude
- Strong drive for results
- Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Computer Skills required
- Ability to lift weight up to 15 lbs.
- Foreign language skill is a plus