Agriculture Sustainability Best Practices Manager
PepsiCo is a playground for curious people. We invite thinkers, doers, and changemakers to champion innovation, take calculated risks, and challenge the status quo. From executives to team members on the front lines, we’re excited about the future. We take chances. Together, we dare to make the world a better place.
Our associates are the magic ingredient. Each of them plays an integral role in helping create deep connections between people and our products. Think about your last group celebration: Chances are, one of our iconic brands was by your side. At PepsiCo, you’re invited to be a part of a global team of innovators who make, move, and sell these products—which are enjoyed by more than 1 billion people a day.
A career at PepsiCo means working in a culture where everyone’s welcome. Here, you can dare to be yourself. No matter who you are or where you’re from, you can influence the people around you and the world at large. By showing up, you’ll have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow your skills for the future. Our supportive teams can fuel your professional goals to make a global impact on people and the planet.
Join us. Dare for Better.
This position will primarily be responsible for direct management of the PFNA Potato Sustainability program. Role scope will include leading the initiative to deliver 40% GHG Reduction in PFNA potatoes by 2030 through dynamic project coordination with internal and external collaborators, commercial potato producers, data collection, verification, trend analysis and management change implementation.
The role will primarily be focused on GHG, but data analysis and/or grower coordination may also include PepsiCo’s other Sustainability Goals of SFP and/or Water.
- Accountable for the project management of the PFNA Potato 40-30 GHG Initiative driving 40% GHG reduction in PFNA Potatoes by 2030 through collaboration with external commercial potato producers, sustainability implementors and internal PepsiCo team members.
- Accountable for all GHG data collection, verification, analysis, and trend development in PFNA Potatoes.
- Accountable for internal and external communication/report generation of key findings and roadmaps from GHG projects.
- Accountable for maintaining data entry compliance from external potato producers in relevant data collection systems.
- Accountable for development and integration of new data streams or tools for internal reporting purposes.
- Accountable for support of data entry compliance, verification, and trend analysis on an as needed basis of other PepsiCo Sustainability goals (SFP &/or Water)
- Masters, or PhD in Sustainable Agriculture, Agronomy, Horticulture, Ag Science, Food/Crop Systems or related fields of study
- Minimum 4-5 years of practical field agronomic experience in multi-crop systems, field extension, sustainable agriculture
- Ability to communicate effectively with all PFNA potato contract farmers regarding sustainability and whole-farm agricultural practices and management.
- Knowledge of measurement tools in sustainability and regenerative ag systems (e.g. Cool Farm Tool)
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Suite products – preference, additional experience with Tableau, Minitab and other spreadsheet analytic tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skill with internal and external cross-functional partners.
- Must have the indefinite right to work in the U.S.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Competencies
- Effective technical communication skills at grower, commercial and technical industry community levels
- Proficient analytical, interpretation and presentation skills with commercial, research and survey data
- Ability to identify trends and correlations quickly and accurately in internal and external data sources
- Thorough knowledge of sustainable crop production with demonstrated success in the application and commercialization of research and new technology.
- Experience with and demonstrated knowledge of electronic data acquisition and analysis, instrumentation, and control systems used in production agriculture.
- Facilitation and Project Management experience.
- Self-starter with strong drive for results and cross functional team leadership skills in a flexible work environment.
- Ability to keep current on emerging research, trends and topics within Regenerative Agriculture
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity