Amazon Ads helps brands create experiences that delight customers and deliver meaningful results. With our first-party insights, 300+ million worldwide active customer accounts, Amazon properties, and third-party publishers and exchanges—brands can reach the right audiences in the right places, both on and off Amazon.
The Amazon Ads Stores Design Team is seeking a talented, customer-obsessed Copywriter to research, conceptualize and edit brand-focused copy on digital Brand Stores (Stores), Sponsored advertisements and Posts. The core function of the role will focus on raising the copy bar for Amazon Stores, which create an elevated, digital shopping experience for individual brands to better connect with customers.
Previous marketing or advertising copywriting experience is required as well as a portfolio of copy you have written.
Key job responsibilities
- Applying a revised, clear, differentiated voice and tone for brands on their Stores, ads and Posts
- Creating branded language by understanding the customer journey and experience
- Driving continuous improvement of the copywriting process
- Gathering performance metrics to make data driven creative decisions
- Innovating and raising the copy bar while documenting and sharing best practices
- Completing copy proposals on time that consistently and continually raise the standard
- Proactively managing projects with tight deadlines
- Working with client-facing Stakeholders (Creative and Campaign Managers, Stores Launch Specialists) to understand an Advertiser’s needs and develop copy driving to the desired action
A day in the life
As the Stores Copywriter, you will understand and harness the power of language for brands to effectively communicate with their customers. You will edit and create web, ad and social media copy for brands of all sizes. You will partner with designers to support and inform their design choices and create a cohesive brand experience that delights customers and personifies a brand’s image. You will write new copy, edit copy provided by brands and proofread copy to ensure the best customer experience.
The Copywriter should have deep knowledge and practical experience in marketing copywriting from concept to final creation. You should be comfortable understanding the right way to position a brand and/or product based on the brand’s message off Amazon, the category they fall under and the brand’s tone.
About the team
The Stores Design Team:
- Designs best-in-class Brand Stores and other brand content for advertisers who have not yet adopted our products.
- Works with product teams to make self-service Store creation a positive experience on Amazon.
- Partners with internal teams to determine strategic areas of the business to support the creation of brand content.
- Seeks to make high-quality creative services for branded content available for Amazon advertisers of all sizes.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Copywriter, Content Strategist or similar role
- Experience creating copy for marketing or advertising purposes
- Excellent project management, communication and organizational skills
- A portfolio showcasing copy samples
- Experience with copywriting in a global organization
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders
- Process creation and process improvement experience
- Writing copy as part of a design process
- Experience writing website and social media copy
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.