The communications coordinator provides administrative and operational support to MarCom senior leaders and other team members across all campus locations. In addition to managing day-to-day operations, the incumbent helps to oversee the department’s financial and annual budget-planning processes; project management workflow; appointment scheduling; travel arrangements; and support for information technology, supplies and facilities needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Respond to departmental inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner
- Collaborate with MarCom senior leader(s) to develop and maintain departmental procedures and protocols to ensure efficient and effective operations, including department workflow management; provide administrative support for hiring and staff development activities
- Manage departmental purchase orders: check requests, invoice payments, and all additional financial needs
- Assist with the development and organization of communication plans and strategies
- Assist with developing and posting written content for a variety of internal and external communications, such as graduate press releases, annual fact sheets, and communications through media outlets and on PCOM’s website; collaborate with team members to maintain updated content on internal communications outlets, such as PCOM intranet and email messages
- Manage the department's administrative functions, including scheduling meetings and events, coordinating travel arrangements, reviewing new and renewal contracts, and monitoring expenses, including accounts payable and receivable; maintain office supplies; assist with annual budget preparation and management reports, as needed
- Identify and implement new software management programs and recommend improved software and methods. Maintain accurate inventory of PCOM-issued equipment assigned to staff, such as phones and laptops
- Manage software and updates for LED City Avenue signage
- Manage all aspects of planning for department events and photoshoots, including scheduling, materials and equipment, and logistics
- Primary liaison with ITS supporting technology needs for the department
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor's degree; will take five or more years progressive work experience into consideration in lieu of degree.
- Experience working in higher education will be given priority consideration
- High level of technical fluency with word processing, spreadsheet, presentations, email, and virtual meeting applications, preferably on Google Workspace
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods, up to eight hours per day.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to view computer screens for extended periods, up to eight hours per day.
- Manual dexterity and mobility in order to use personal computers and other office equipment.
Required documents for your application to be considered:
- Cover Letter
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.