What You'll Do
In this role, you will provide support for calendaring, travel, expenses, along with management and oversight of special projects, as needed. To perform these tasks effectively, encouraged to become familiar with the products, people, and organizational dynamics within Cisco's Security and Collaboration Strategy and Operations Business Unit.
Encouraged to understand how to handle, with a great degree of independence, incoming asks for time, meetings, resources and other needs from the Sr. Director. Responsible for resolving when to refer matters to others, and to whom they should be referred. You will be responsible for following up to ensure accurate disposition, and make sure nothing falls through the cracks. You will become a core member of the Sr. Director’s team, attending monthly staff meetings and quarterly all team meetings.
- Calendar Management: Runs Sr. Director’s calendar by prioritizing schedules and meetings. For example, may decide who gets on principal’s calendar, which meetings are attended.
- Meeting Planning and Organizations: Assists Sr. Director in planning and organizing meetings by taking ownership for assembling the agenda, location, meeting technology (WebEx, TP) based upon participant needs, and all other meeting logistics. May further prepare meeting briefing documents by taking and disseminating notes and formulating post meeting action item lists.
- Correspondence/Approvals: Supports Sr. Director by acting as proxy for communications and approvals as authorized. Answers general questions as vital and refers (filters) routine matters to appropriate parties and follows up to ensure accurate disposition.
- Travel: Responsible for making travel arrangements for the principal. Carefully considers and decides the optimum travel arrangements and itinerary for calendared meetings while running Cisco expenses.
- Special Projects: Provides analytical support to assist Executive on special projects. Researches issues, analyzes problems, compiles data, and prepares reports.
In addition to the general administrative duties of an Administrative Assistant, daily tasks are carried out at a higher level of complexity. This includes researching issues, analyzing problems, resolving approaches, compiling data and preparing reports. Due to the frequent engagement of the Sr. Director across Cisco as a whole, this individual will collaborate with and coordinate activities with other EA's and executives in Cisco. Work is generally of a critical and confidential nature.
Who You'll Work With
You will work wit Executive Leadership and Operational leads within the business group and various other teams within Strategy, Planning and Operations as well as many of our cross functional stakeholders, partners and vendors.
Who You Are
- 6+ years’ experience in an administrative environment. A minimum of two years of experience supporting a principal who was at the Director level and above.
- Phenomenal attention to detail and the maturity to handle confidential information is a must.
- Sophisticated knowledge of Mac/Windows desktop computer applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Past work experience in the high-tech industry is desired; prior Cisco experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to connect with all levels of Executive/Senior staff and clients.
- Collaborative style, with excellent teamwork.
- Champions improvements. Solves problems and makes decisions. Demonstrates leadership.
- Works in an organized and well-adapted manner. Very detail-oriented. Proactive by nature.
- Sophisticated desktop calendar management program experience.
- AA Degree desirable.
U.S. Vaccination Requirements
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.