The Administrative Assistant assists and supports the main office team members and is responsible for general administrative duties, including maintaining accurate and complete records and performing daily tasks. The position works under direct supervision and performs routine daily administrative activities. This position must demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform general administrative duties such as typing, copying and electronic filing;
- Coordinate office communications, including routing phone calls, correspondence, mail, packages, deliveries, and calendars;
- Assist in maintaining effective relationships with clients, designers, consultants and internal Skanska clients; - Inventory and ordering of office supplies;
- Inventory, operation and upkeep of office equipment;
- Assist in preparation of calendar invitations, meeting minutes, meeting agendas, powerpoint presentations, review and format documents;
- Maintain electronic filing systems;
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Basic math skills;
- Functions effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
- Ability to understand and follow directions;
- Good time management and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment and Skanska Safety and Health Management Program.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma required;
- Broad understanding of construction industry a plus;
- Junior College or Vocational education desired;
- Minimum of 2 years of related administrative or customer service experience;
Skanska is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or citizenship status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristics under federal, state, or local law.
Skanska uses knowledge & foresight to shape the way people live, work, and connect. More than 135 years in the making, we’re one of the world’s largest development and construction companies. We operate in select markets throughout the Nordics, Europe and the United States. Skanska in the U.S. is headquartered in New York City with 30 offices around the country. In 2021, construction in the U.S. generated $6.4 billion in revenue, and as a developer in the U.S., Skanska has invested a total of $3 billion in commercial and multi-family projects. Together with our customers and the collective expertise of our 7,300+ teammates in the U.S. and 30,000+ globally, we create innovative and sustainable solutions that support healthy living beyond our lifetime.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer Skanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.
Annual Salary Ranges: 43,010 to 64,630