BASIC PURPOSE: The main objective of this position is to provide support to the Construction Project Managers assisting them with operation and clerical tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for requesting quotes, obtaining Construction Project Manager (CPM) approvals, and sending contracts to subcontractors.
- Responsible for processing monthly progress billings, change orders and project specific invoices as well as obtaining CPM approvals and resolve any discrepancies on these documents.
- Responsible for documenting all needs for reimbursement from vendors & suppliers for damaged or loss of equipment to include project extra’s and coordinating reimbursement with the vendor or supplier.
- Works with architects, general contractors, and suppliers to address issues on service warranties, architectural plans and equipment specs under the direction of management team members.
- Acts as a liaison with contractors and vendors from time of contract award to job completion.
- Maintain updated information in construction project management software solution.
- Provides records of certificate of insurance and warranties for company records.
- Coordinate with purchasing department on equipment release, delivery, receipt confirmation and associated documentation as needed.
- Communicates to Purchasing manager about performance of delivery, and quality commitments provided by suppliers.
- Utilize multiple software solutions to aid in project management in coordination with assigned CPMs.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Assistant experience with increasing responsibilities in a team environment preferred
- Project coordination experience preferred
- Construction experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Hard skills: MS Office required; basic accounting, ability to interpret architectural plans, knowledge of construction processes or procedures, construction project management software solutions.
- Soft Skills: Strong time management and organizational skills to meet critical deadlines, strong work ethic, good written and verbal communication, flexibility to adapt to new situations or challenges, must work well under moderate stress and as a team player.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we’ve provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry’s safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert