Accounts Receivable Specialist
Good American is the first fully inclusive fashion brand that celebrates all dimensions of female power. Offering quality, style, and substance in every size — 00-32, we are committed to challenging industry norms by empowering all women to feel sexy and confident no matter their size or shape.
The brand was launched in October 2016, by Emma Grede and Khloé Kardashian, to empower all women to celebrate their bodies with confidence by offering high-quality designs in all sizes. What started as the largest denim launch in history, has evolved into an iconic and inclusive fashion line of denim, ready-to-wear, swim, shoes and activewear.
GOOD AMERICAN, the brand that represents body acceptance for all bodies in all sizes is looking for an energetic, results-driven, communicative, accomplished Accounts Receivable Specialist that will be responsible for maintaining, posting, and ensuring external collection activity in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate must possess strong problem solving, decision-making, and analytical skills; must have the ability to recognize priority tasks, and multi-task in a high paced environment to meet deadlines. A can-do attitude, who is communicative. Candidate must be self-motivated, dedicated, and organized. Experience with apparel accounting strongly preferred.
- Responsible for an assigned Accounts Receivable portfolio of major distributors accounts
- Monitor Aging report on a regular basis; notify customers of past due invoices in a timely manner
- Monitor invoices for billing errors
- Ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Research and resolve high volume of customer deductions/chargebacks pertaining to shipping violation claims, allowances, discounts, damages, pricing, and shortages
- Interact with internal departments during the process of validating deductions
- Dispute invalid deductions within the claim’s expiration time-frame, and follow through until resolved
- Prepare and submit necessary adjustments for processing
- Reconciliation of return to vendor deductions
- Maintain transaction update notes current in both Excel chargeback status list, and on the account
- Ability to go beyond and build relationship with accounts.
- Collection calls as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree in accounting or related field.
- 3+ years of strong experience in Accounts Receivables and Collections of Major accounts - retail industry preferred
- ERP (NetSuite) experience is a plus
- Experience in handling EDI accounts
- Familiar with obtaining payment information and necessary documentation from Vendor Portals
- Experience in performing intense account reconciliation
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, primarily Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbal and written
- Strong teamwork skills with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and internal departments
- Strong detail orientation skills
- Ability to Multi-task.
- Excellent Communicator
****THIS POSITION REQUIRES TO BE IN OFFICE 4 DAYS A WEEK***
This role requires to be in office FOUR days a week.