Accounts Payable Specialist
Babylon is one of the world’s fastest-growing digital healthcare companies whose mission is to make high-quality healthcare accessible and affordable for every person on Earth.
This position is located onsite in Novato, CA
Babylon is re-engineering how people engage with their care at every step of the healthcare continuum. By flipping the model from reactive sick care to proactive healthcare through the devices people already own, it offers millions of people globally ongoing, always-on care. Babylon has already shown that in environments as diverse as the developed UK or developing Rwanda, urban New York, or rural Missouri, for people of all ages, it is possible to achieve its mission by leveraging its highly scalable, digital-first platform combined with high quality, virtual clinical operations to provide integrated, personalized healthcare.
Meritage Medical Network is seeking a Accounts Payable Specialist in Novato, California!
We are looking for people who are flexible with any scenario and who see change as an opportunity!
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- Review electronic invoices for correct vendor information and coding before importing into ERP.
- Review expense reports and credit cards for accurate coding and to ensure they are within company policy.
- Maintains files and documentations thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assist in processing of weekly Check/ACH/PCD payment runs for AP disbursements.
- For Invoices without purchase orders, review invoices, prepare and route for approval, obtain signatures; follow up as necessary to ensure open invoices are approved and paid timely.
- Process batches of invoices for data entry, back up reports, and manage the weekly check run
- Process weekly wires, including setting up wire template and initiate wires
- Reconcile accounts payable related accounts
- Assists in accounting month-end/year-end closing processes
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Associate degree or 2 years equivalent experience in lieu of Associate's’ Degree.
- 2 years accounting or related experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the general ledger and its relationship to financial statements
- Prefer large company experience
- Knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics 365 desirable
- A proven track record of meeting business critical deadlines and managing multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Detail-oriented individual possessing strong analytical and judgment skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interface with individuals at all levels within the organization.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- New Hire Company Stock Grants (RSU)
- Refresh Company Stock Grants (RSU)
- Unlimited PTO
- Excellent Medical, dental and vision plans
- Access to flexible spending account and health savings account
- Competitive retirement plan
- Flexible working hours
- Weekly remote yoga sessions
WORKING AT BABYLON
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.