Accounts Payable Specialist
To help save our customers green, we need an amazing team who knows all about it. Our National Finance & Administration Services department oversees the management of the critical resources and infrastructure that our people need to get the job done at every level. This service department is designed to make sure our retail divisions and executive leadership receive the support they need to run a successful operation. Within Finance our teams include: Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Reporting, Tax and Treasury.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Naperville, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Processes and accurately codes invoices for timely and accurate payment to suppliers and service companies.
- Processes daily wire payments and reporting.
- Adheres to the ALDI Legal Acts and Payments (LAP) policies and procedures.
- Prepares and processes journal entries and maintains applicable account reconciliations.
- Ensures that all payment types are administered correctly and timely including; ACH, wire, and check.
- Efficiently utilizes computer programs, software, and hardware within area of responsibility.
- Works proactively to identify, investigate, and report irregularities within designated area of responsibility.
- Maintains an efficient and well-organized filling system for the department and ensures items are archived and disposed per company guidelines.
- Maintains appropriate computer programs and data backups in compliance with company policy.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility
- Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
- Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
- Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
- Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
- Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
- Plans and Prioritizes: Sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively get the job done.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task efficiently.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
- Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in typing and data entry.
- Analyzes and interprets data.
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
- Displays expense and cost control in decision-making.
- Works cooperatively with external suppliers, service companies, internal and external auditors to maintain a successful partnership.
Education and Experience:
- Associate's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field required.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience required.
- Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Prior ALDI experience preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
- Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
- Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
- International & Domestic travel required.
- Up to 10%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.