This position will support the Maryland Finance Team, specifically focusing on areas of revenue recognition, cost determination, business case and product cost analysis, financial forecasting, and financial reporting. This candidate will foster teamwork and accountability, striving for excellence and innovation to drive efficiencies in the Accounting Department, as well as providing excellent internal customer service to other Emergent departments and business units. This position also provides analysis of site financial data, on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Analyze monthly/quarterly/annual site financial statements accurately and in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly site financial reporting package
- Assist with preparation of the monthly/quarterly site Forecast updates by working with various stakeholders inside and external to financial accounting.
- Analyze and investigate variances and prepare reconciliation vs. budget, actual, forecast, and prior year’s results
- Perform tasks to track and analyze revenue related contracts under ASC 606 guidelines.
- Perform daily routines and month end procedures as assigned
- Maintain GL Accounts and other coding
- Prepare monthly and quarterly schedules and reconciliations.
- Respond to various queries and requests from external/internal auditors
- Coaching and providing mentorship to other accountants
- •Complete Special projects and non-routine assignments as may be required by management
- Working on projects independently
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Position will require ability to work with minimal supervision, prepare, review and approve other accountant’s work. A broad range of prior work experience is preferred (Cost Accountant, Financial Accountant, Supervisor, Analyst, Industry specific experience).
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines as well as work at both detailed analytical level and at summary level on projects and assignments with speed and accuracy
- Qualified candidates will have an accounting designation such as CPA or CPA track, master’s in accounting and 3 - 5 years related experience.
- Experience in US GAAP accounting and financial statement preparation.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Power point
- Hard working, motivated self-starter, willing to learn new areas and open to solving challenging problems
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Position will also include other duties as assigned, which may include assistance in other areas of accounting such as cost or project accounting.
- SAP experience preferred
Successful applicants for this position that are required to be onsite at any Emergent site at any time, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to legally required exemptions.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.