Accounting Manager, Shipping & Freight
San Francisco, CA
The Stitch Fix Finance team enables our clients to be their best selves. We broadly define our clients as customers, business partners, vendors, and shareholders. We drive value through business partner support, innovative and insightful analysis, and financial integrity. We are looking for smart, kind and motivated-by-challenge individuals who succeed in a fast-paced environment and thrive in building processes and teams.
Stitch Fix is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our dynamic Finance team who is Bright, Kind, and Motivated by Challenge. Stitch Fix is transforming the way people find what they love, and the Accounting team plays a key supporting role! In this highly cross-functional role, you will partner with Operations, FP&A, and IT in the course of recording and analyzing transportation costs, as well as support strategic initiatives as Stitch Fix continually evolves our transportation strategy.
You will own all relevant aspects of our close processes to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the Company’s transportation costs. You will work alongside our transportation operations team in leveraging carrier data to provide insights about our transportation costs and analyze our shipping financial performance against budget.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL...
- Own the review over accounting for transportation costs, including accruals across several carriers in a dynamic and data-rich shipping environment.
- Develop accounting processes as we on-board new carriers to expand our transportation offerings. Ensure accounting records are accurate and demonstrate compliance with SOX standards.
- Streamline the analysis over transportation costs to obtain meaningful insights, verify the charges, explain period over period cost fluctuations, as well as enhance existing reporting on carriers as our processes become more dynamic.
- Lead process optimization projects that drive operational efficiencies and advance our mission to shift from a transactional to a transformational Finance organization. This includes an emphasis on automating existing manual processes through the use of SQL, Alteryx, and other tools.
- Own the continual development and execution of control structures for transportation accounting in accordance with SOX 404 requirements.
- Serve as a champion of our rich financial datasets and develop meaningful business insights and reporting for management.
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE...
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or relevant field), a CPA and 8+ years combined of experience at a large accounting firm and/or with a large retail/eCommerce company.
- You have 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- You are proficient in Excel, PowerPoint; SQL, Oracle Cloud experience is a plus.
- You have an aptitude for working with large sets of data and are a systems wizard.
- You have an analytical mind and are always thinking of ways to streamline and improve processes or problems.
- You have strong organizational and detail-orientation skills and the ability to handle multiple competing tasks simultaneously.
- You are a strong communicator and leader who enjoys coaching, mentoring and developing others.
- You have strong technical accounting skills and a detailed understanding of current GAAP standards.
- You are comfortable leading in ambiguity and thrive in a feedback-rich environment.
- You have strong personal integrity with the highest ethical standards.
- Above all else, you are Bright, Kind, and Motivated-by-Challenge.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX...
- We are a group of bright, kind people who are motivated by challenge. We value integrity, innovation and trust. You’ll bring these characteristics to life in everything you do at Stitch Fix.
- We cultivate a community of diverse perspectives— all voices are heard and valued.
- We are an innovative company and leverage our strengths in fashion and tech to disrupt the future of retail.
- We win as a team, commit to our work, and celebrate grit together because we value strong relationships.
- We boldly create the future while keeping equity and sustainability at the center of all that we do.
- We are the owners of our work and are energized by solving problems through a growth mindset lens. We think broadly and creatively through every situation to create meaningful impact.
- We offer comprehensive compensation packages and inclusive health and wellness benefits.
ABOUT STITCH FIX
We're changing the industry and bringing personal styling to every body. We believe in a service and a workplace where you can show up as your best, most authentic self. The Stitch Fix experience is not merely curated—it’s truly personalized to each client we style. We are changing the way people find what they love. We’re disrupting the future of retail with the precision of data science by combining it with human instinct to find pieces that fit our client’s unique style. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. This results in a simple, yet powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women and kids throughout the US and UK. We believe we are only scratching the surface and are looking for incredible people like you to help us boldly create our future.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Our anticipated compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets, and the range below indicates the low end of the lowest-compensated market to the high end of the highest-compensated market. This position is eligible for new hire and ongoing grants of restricted stock units depending on employee and company performance. In addition, the position is eligible for medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external careers site.
This link leads to the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
RECRUITING FRAUD ALERT:
To all candidates: your personal information and online safety are top of mind for us. At Stitch Fix, recruiters only direct candidates to apply through our official career pages at https://www.stitchfix.com/careers/jobs or https://web.fountain.com/c/stitch-fix.
Recruiters will never request payments, ask for financial account information or sensitive information like social security numbers. If you are unsure if a message is from Stitch Fix, please email RecruitingOperations@stitchfix.com.
You can read more about Recruiting Scam Awareness on our FAQ page here: https://support.stitchfix.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500007169402-Recruiting-Scam-Awareness