The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing the smooth and efficient processing of accounting related information and is familiar with standard operating procedures related to Human Resources and Loss Prevention as well as house rules according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards. Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly.
Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the work of at least 3 full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time.
- Associate's degree and at least 3 years of related experience; or a Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year of related experience; or at least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems show the ability to manipulate and troubleshoot spreadsheets type memos and reports and handle basic PC problems.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly. Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Maintains regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include compliance with the Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and wearing name tag when working (per brand standards)
- Approaches all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly and courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintains a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Complies at all times with the Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficiently hotel operations.
- Be familiar with the organization of Aimbridge Hospitality Hotels and know the function of each department.
- Oversees the duties of General Cashier with responsibility for the daily reconciliation of Rooms Food Beverage and House deposits as applicable.
- Oversees and maintains the over/short log.
- Maintains controls for all cashier banks in the hotel.
- Posts all city ledger payments daily according to the Daily Mail Cash Receipts (DMCR).
- Prepares all bank deposits â€˜due backs' and bank change orders according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintains responsibility for the billing of accounts receivable daily.
- Responsible for Hotel Credit Policy and detailed knowledge of Hotel receivables.
- Maintains card file trace system for AR collection call process per SOP.
- Conducts credit meetings twice monthly with General Manager
- Maintains a record of approved direct billing accounts.
- Processes returned checks and credit card chargebacks according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Performs the Accounts Receivable Balancing function at least once each month.
- Maintains the Special Operating Account and the Petty Cash Fund according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Voucher A&G and PT & EB invoices utilizing the Purchase Order and Checkbook Accounting procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Ensures that all hotel invoices are submitted to Corporate Accounts Payable weekly.
- Performs the income audit on a daily basis using the income audit checklist to maintain and ensure the accuracy of the Income/Flash reports.
- Reconciles credit cards daily.
- Prepares and submits the Corporate Flash Report on the dates specified in the monthly CENTRAL ACCOUNTING calendar.
- Completes monthly checklist and sends in month-end package according to CENTRAL ACCOUNTING calendar.
- Monitors Guest Services and Night Audit agents' work for proper accounting procedures.
- Oversees the training of all Night Auditors in regards to their accounting related responsibilities.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll and is prepared for transmission.
- Ensures all new hire paperwork and any employee changes are processed on PAF'S and submitted in to Payroll on a timely manner.
- Produces weekly productivity every Tuesday as required.
- Computes worked hours for payroll compilation.
- Ensures associates are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests all other employees and management.
- Property applies state and local laws affecting payroll wage & hour taxes etc.
- Records requests for employee benefits and monitors use (i.e. vacation time employee benefit room nights sick time etc.)
- Maintains a professional working relationship and promotes open lines of communication with managers employees and other departments.
- Familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality's SOPs in Accounting Human Resources and Loss Prevention and house rules including appropriate hospitality terminology; encourages awareness among other hotel managers.
- Attends weekly staff meetings and provides training on a rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Participates in required MOD coverage as scheduled
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information as appropriate.
- Maintains and operates hotel systems according to Aimbridge Hospitality Standards
- Performs any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
This boutique hotel features a luxurious rooftop pool and rooms with urban décor. It is less than 1 miless from Dallas city center.
Guest rooms at the Canvas Hotel Dallas (showcase polished concrete floors, custom furnishings, and large picture windows. A 49-inch flat-screen HDTV and iPod docking station are among other modern room amenities.
Meeting rooms and banquet facilities are available for conferences and social events at the Canvas Hotel Dallas. A shuttle service is provided for destinations within a 1 miles radius of the hotel. Billiards tables are located in the lobby.